Check this out!!! Aftermarket Spoilers Cheap!!!

S

SeanMatteson

Check this out!!! Aftermarket Spoilers Cheap!!!

Hello again everyone!

Contrary to what some of you may be thinking, I have been working diligently at negotiating the best possible deals for SCCoO and SCCoA members with a local company called "Canadian Custom Fiberglass". Dave at CCF has enthusiastically offered us a special deal right now on spoilers for the SC's and XR7's. Please check out this link:

www.canadiancustomfibergl...index.html

Dave told me today that anyone from the SCCoO and/or SCCoa who buys within the next ten days (by the end of 1/31/02) will get 42% off retail pricing!!! Please keep in mind that all prices quoted on the CCF site are in US dollars. I strongly suggest that if you were considering purchasing a new spoiler for you car, you check out the link above, and contact Dave through CCF's 'Contact Us' tab.

Please mention that you are members of the SCCoO/SCCoA, and that you learned about CCF through the club BBS. Keep in mind that I am still pursuing the lowest possible pricing on custom aftermarket hoods for the SC's and XR7's through CCF. This company seems to be strongly committed to quality, and is anxious to snap up as much market share as possible!

For those of you who expressed interest in custom fiberglass body parts for your cars, and responded to my previous posts (Re: 'Anyone interested in custom carbon fiber hoods for their SC's?'), I appreciate your patience during the past few weeks. Please know that I have not given up on this little project, and I'm really hoping to meet with Dave soon to explore the possibilities in regards to custom hoods.

Sincerely,

Sean

( [email]mattesons_2000@yahoo.com[/email])
'90 SC, 5-spd, red on black cloth, MAC cold air intake
Coming soon: custom ported exhaust manifolds and further exhaust work, 10% OD pulley, Eibach lowering springs, new custom hood, and perhaps a new spoiler!!! ...my wife's gonna kill me!!!

Re: Check this out!!! Aftermarket Spoilers Cheap!!!

Yes, your wife most certainly will kill you (she told me she would take your credit cards first!)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously,

I am definetly intertested in their spoilers. I think I would get the first one on the page, it looks more aftermarket and modern. What do you think Sean? Which one are you looking at? Keep up the chase on those hoods, it is sooooooooo nice to have another enthusiastic member ;)

Sean, I'm interested in both the hood and the spoiler but not so soon.

I've come into a bit of $$$ so I may keep the SC and get a Stang to use at the track. We'll see. I finally get the SC back and rollin next week....then off to get the Eibach's done.

Steve,

When did you buy Eibachs and how much did you pay for them? I am curious to see who you get to install them as I will need to consider installing mine somewhere come spring.

Did you win the lottery?

I'll be doing my own Eibach's in the next couple of months. If everything works out for mine, I'd consider helping you guys out a little. The Hayes or Haynes or whatever manual warns against trying to use a non-wall-mount spring compressor for the front springs. I have a spring compressor that I bought from Princess Auto that I thought I might try.

Has anyone done their front springs themselves???

Bill, I'm not sure which spoiler I'll go for, but I'm thinking since I have a '90 without any illumination in the center of the back of the car, I will probably get one with the third brake light. I may eventually remove the one inside the rear window if I do.

I'm getting ready to email Dave at CCF today to say, "How much for you to order me the Cervini original Mach 1 hood and supply me with a spoiler all at the same time???" I'm looking for the package deal! ;) I'm hoping if I bite the bullet and buy the Cervini's piece, that Dave and the boys at CCF will have an opportunity to give it a really close look so that they see the kind of quality that our members are seeking.

I'll let you guys know how things work out. I'm just starting to worry that my car is gonna look goofie with the aftermarket hood and spoiler, a 1.5" drop, and stock wheels. I definitely won't be in a position to look at replacing the wheels until a year or so from now. However, I may pull them off, strip the paint off them and polish them myself?! ;) ...including the two good wheels off that parts car, which I'm working with Ed to find a new pair of slicks for!

For anyone interested in this deal offered by CCF, I strongly suggest you don't wait too long!!! Contact Dave at CCF ASAP and let's get the ball rolling! I'm eager to build a good relationship with these people. I really think they have a lot to offer all of the SCCoO and SCCoA members. Just think how competitive they could be for the American members buying from a Canadian company in their US funds?!

Also, I feel bad for those of us who have XR7's and absolutely nowhere to buy fiberglass parts from. I'm really hoping we can show Dave and his team that there is a market for this stuff, and that it's worth their while to produce and market it!

Take care,

Sean

( [email]mattesons_2000@yahoo.com[/email])

Steve,

Another thing... I may have a line on an '89 GT stick if you're still looking. Give me a call, and we can talk about it! I just thought you might be better off going with one that already has the MAF instead of the old speed density system. This guy is willing to let it go really cheap to the right buyer!

And I think you should check out CCF's site really closely! They already have all kinds of stuff available for the 'Stangs! You could get a complete DECH ground FX kit from them for like $399 US! My brother used to have an '87 LX hatch with this kit on it, and it was one sweet looking car! Some of you may have seen it around Hamilton... it was silver with green and red pearl in it, T-tops, 17" wheels and about $5500 worth of stereo in it. I think an employee of the Hamilton TigerCats organization owns it at present.

This guy is willing to let the car so cheap that I had considered buying it just for the motor and tranny. This was back when I was considering swapping out the V6 from my SC... I don't know what I was thinkin'!!! It's not like I have Ted Lyon's money?! ;)

Cheers,

Sean

I might go in for a lighted spoiler Sean, the T-bird ones should fit seeing as their Cougar section on their website comes up with Camaro pictures for spoilers.

Re: Camaro Stuff Under the Cougar Link

Les,

Dave emailed me today and asked that I post an explanation. Apparently, the spoilers section is new, and the Camaro page was used as the template. As a result, you viewed the page before it was complete, and only saw the original Camaro parts information.

Dave informed me that the Cougar spoilers are posted at present. I invite you to take another look.

Sincerest apologies,

Sean

He must have just fixed that....too funny I was there on the phone with Nicholas about 2 hours ago and no Cougar Stuff.

Looks like he only has one model for the older Cougars, think we'll probably go with the T-bird ones they should fit just fine.

Well you know how it is owning a Cougar les we just get kicked below the belt again but I agree the t-bird ones look like they will fit

XR7 Owners Getting The Shaft Again, Eh?!

Greg and Les,

We're just now trying to build a relationship with CCF, so if you're disatisfied with the selection on their site for your XR7's, then don't be shy... Email Dave at CCF and let him know. In the case that the T-Bird spoilers fit without any additional work, then I don't see what the problem is here?! Perhaps we need to work with Dave to determine for certain whether or not the T-Bird spoilers will fit OK, and if so then he can post them under the Cougar page as well!

I'm still waiting to hear back from Dave with a price on a true Cervini's Mach 1 style hood and a spoiler for my SC.

Cheers,

Sean

Re: XR7 Owners Getting The Shaft Again, Eh?!

There's no problem at all Sean, I assume the t-bird ones fit I just wonder if Dave knows something different, otherwise one would think he'd show the same ones for the Cougar. I'll give him a call and ask if there a slight difference in the fit.

Les and the gang,

No problem, pal. I'm just trying to encourage as many people as possible from the SCCoA/SCCoO to start contacting Dave directly so he gets the message that there are MANY people interested in those items that we're proposing his company manufacture and market.

I'm doing my best with these guys, but I can't go it alone! How does Dave know that anyone more than me is truly interested in these products? I have sent him the links to the two threads featured here on the BBS, but just because people are talking about being interested here on the BBS doesn't necessarily convince him that his company will make sales.

Perhaps down the road, I can act as a liaison between the club and CCF, assisting with taking orders and arranging the deliveries, etc., but first we need to get this whole deal off the ground.

Don't be afraid to send Dave a message, or call him, to obtain information and more importantly to let him know that you guys are following what's going on with interest.

...enough with the lecture.

Respectfully yours,

Sean

No big deal there,I understand the fact that the market is small for the Xr7 because there were only 4600 made in 89 and 4400 in 90 or vice versa,so therefore the market is just to small to even think about producing anything to even recover the money laid out in time,efort and making of the casts for such things,so I always check out what there is for the t- bird and just where on the body of the car in which it is placed because there are simalarities in most body parts between the two.
No low blow intended Sean,just joking around wich is what makes us xr7 owners one of a kind and is why I like my xr7 so much right LES????????
I am interrested tho!!

...Cool.

Cheers,

Sean

Hi all!

I corresponded with Dave at CCF this afternoon. In light of how busy he has been, and how long he has been taking to respond to our inquiries, he has extended his offer of 42% off until the end of February.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Sean

Just a reminder, everyone!!!

All,

Dave at CCF offered us like 42% off until the end of February on all spoilers.

If anyone was considering buying one, you had better act fast! We're only about a week away.

...I'm broke from the HG replacement, and I still need a hood so the spoiler will have to wait for now!

Best regards,

Sean

Back