Who Sprays??

cheeriosluvr

What is a good RPM window to spray in??? Whats the lowest you can safely spray at......

The next question is does 89 have a RPM limiter??? if so what is it??

todd

You should be able to spray without any problems at any rpm. At least any problems with engine. What I have found out with the juice is that most guys can't even hit it until they are in second gear. What would probably be the best setup would be a progressive controller. Have it come on as soon as you hit full throttle and over a 3-5 second delay it comes on to 100%. All these things are of course variable for your car. Engine work, traction, conditions, gears... Progressive controller would allow for adjustment for all things.

ok thanks

but is there a rev limiter on a 89??? i would hate to spray it up to the limiter cuz then you run the risk of going lean and backfiring and leaving parts all over the road

todd

I am not sure if it has a rev limiter or not, someone will know though. But I am almost positive it limits the revs through the ignition so it won't cause a lean condition, it will just cut spark. Your car should shift way before that though, most should be shifted at around 5200 for best results. The only way you would even get to that limiter is if you held it in gear.

thanks

just wanna make sure that i dont damage the motor....
i was just asking about this due to the reason its that way on a V6 mustang....you wanna shift about 200rpm before the limiter so you dont go lean

todd

Todd,

I have been thinking about getting a 75-100 hp wet kit from NX and they sell enough stuff that I could set it up to only spray under the following conditions.

At wide open throttle (volts from TPS or limit switch activated) with at least 10 pounds of boost (adjustable hobbs pressure switch teed into fuel pressure vacuum/boost refrence hose) between 3000 and 6200 rpms (wired into tach signal).

David

Dave,
I am a NX dealer and that what kit im gonna use.....a 20922 Wet with a 15lb bottle, i am also puttin on the GenX-2 kit( heater, , fuel pressure safety switch, Nitrous Pres. Gauge, blowdown fitting and tube and dual purge) and remot bottle opener.....

you can only spray under WOT with there kits, the reason i asked about a spray window is because you can put on a Activeation Switch, its very much like a MSD with the Changable RPM chips, so all you have to do is arm the system and when it gets to the lowest rpm it sprays and then stops when you get to the higher chip.....and if you dont wanna spray just dont arm the system

they do have a stitch for WOT that works off of the TPS voltage....
or you can just save the $100 and use the mechanical switch

I am going to run a 50 in the start then jet it to 75-100 when i get the feel of running nitrous

Dave,
I just re-read your post and you were talking about it only spraying at 10lbs of boost of more.......

running nitrous a a SC is this something normal or something that you are adding for safety??? Is it something that you get through NX???

Thanks
Todd

Todd,

That is how my propane injection system is activated and shut off. The switch is made by Hobbs and is adjustable between 7 and 14 pounds. I believe it is normally open an then closes the circut when the desired boost level has been reached.

Here is a picture of the one I have now. It's to the right of the brake booster. The fitting with the yellow ring is where the propane is injected.

nozzell&pressure.jpg

I suppose it really isn't needed if using an rpm activation device, but it just makes me feel a little better.

David

ok i see what your doing with that......

now a question about propane injector......i assume that its ok plumbing it in before that sensor it is next to....

with nitrous i understand that you HAVE TO plumb it after that sensor.....

todd

Todd,

Good eye, I think that's the reason why everytime I spray the propane, it goes pig rich (9:1) and loses power. I put it there to maintain timing, but forgot that the cold gas (-70 F) hitting the sensor would cause the EEC to think it's very cold outside and make the fuel go too rich.

I have a special fitting made with a small pipe on the inside that will extend the propane nozell about an inch past the charge air temp sensor.

Yes the nitrous nozzel should also be after the sensor.

David

Hey Dave I would like some info on that propane injection system.
I know what they do for the motor but where can you get one or can you possably make your own? What kind of tank do they use? I have seen this used on desel engines and I can tell you it really makes them come alive. Any info would be great.
Thanks, Mark

No rev limiter on any of the early cars that I'm aware of. There is a speed limiter on the AOD models. The 5 speeds have no limit, and a custom chip or EEC tuner can remove that on the AOD's as well. (though concerns for over-revving the torque converter and driveshaft on the AOD should be adressed first).

Your best bet is to dyno your motor with a wide band oxy sensor and figure out what your redline should be. These motors are not exactly high revving motors.

Back