PDA

View Full Version : any 1 turned KVR rotors?

Brianas
06-10-2003, 08:29 PM
shop turned my rotors and put new pads in and now theres a constant clunk clunk clunk....from both front lf and rt when i brake
the shop turned the rotors again and checked them but still the same problem--any 1 have any ideas or had a similar problem or issue with the kvr stuff?
thanks Josh

Michael Mattix
06-10-2003, 10:30 PM
I have the stock replacement crossdrilled ones from SCP (I think they are KVR). I just had them turned after about 40k on them. But, I took them off myself and took them to autozone (6 bucks a piece) and put new pads in myself. It sounds like to me that they didn't put something back together right. I would find out if the clunking is coming from both sides and if not compare the side that is clunking to the side that is not. That ought to be obvious when you look underneath the car and compare both sides. I hope that helps.

Mike8675309
06-10-2003, 11:11 PM
What did they think was the cause of the clunking? I'd be concerned that something is moving. Perhaps caliper pins not tight, or stripped. Or pads shifting in their mounts.

You might try a different shop and have them do a free eval of the problem. It might be the original shop has made a mistake they don't want to admit yet.

Brianas
06-11-2003, 09:53 AM
well they put new calipers and hardware on both sides and put it together -low and behold clunk clunk clunk
so i pulled out my original stock rotors that i saved and they put them on and the clunk dissapeared. seems to me the problem is narrowed down to the kvr rotors now-but why im not sure and the shop is baffled. well looks like im gettin the shaft again-guess ill buy another set of kvr rotors--
thanks josh

cheeriosluvr
06-11-2003, 01:04 PM
are they possibly bent???

buy them directly from KVR...they are a ton cheaper then i have found else were

todd

Mike8675309
06-11-2003, 02:28 PM
It's way to basic of a problem. If the noise only happens with those rotors, I would almost say that they are the wrong rotors. Perhaps they are not seating properly on the hub when torqued down?

One other thought is if these are cross drilled or slotted rotors, sometimes noise can come from the front edge of the pad catching the slot or a drilled hole. Taking the pad and chamfering the edge so it isn't so sharp helps that situation.

Brianas
06-12-2003, 09:24 AM
thanks for the help
I'll post my out come
Josh