A1 Tech advice Needed !!!!!

SuperCoupeSC91

Problem : seems when i run my car for a while for it to heat up runs fine, untill i turn it off then try to restart, the only way i can keep it on after its been hot for a while is to give it gas and keep it on the gas a little and it will idle fine ? is there something that is in my EEC that will not let my motor start if it is to hot ? i have a autometer pro-comp ultra-lite gauge and it goes up to 224ish (then goes down a little), but it will run fine, just when i turn it off it doesnt start by just turning they key, i dont know....there is so much replaced that i'm so limited of what it could be, new 180 thermostat, 255 lph fuel pump, fuel filter, MAC CAI, new ford plugs/magnecore wires/ford coilpack, new short block, new water pump + hoses/flywheel/clutch/newer AC compressor/newer left side engine bracket...new ACT sensor/new temp sensor for the EEC not gauge, new (pip) cam sensor, new crank sensor...so much...

it idles fine with a little of your foot on the gas but wont stay started...the only things i didnt replace so far i know of that might be something is idle air control (witch my brother took out and cleaned tonight and cleaned the throttle body)/original fuel injectors/original eec, here is a link to my mods any help would be most appreciated....Thanks Alex LaChance
www.tccoa.com/rides/lacale.shtml

i would check the memory fuse in the box up by the battery mine would stall when it was blown leave it out for 5 or 10 min to reset everything since you just cleaned sensors then run it 2 or 3 days till computer learns how to idle again mine would stall at stop signs for 2 or 3 days till it learned to idle right again if that dont help i would start looking for vacuum leaks

Last edited:
any vacume probs?

Soundsmore like a vaccume prob to me are you sure all hoses are tight and in place...also...I would really recomend going back to the Motorcraft plug wires or soon you'll be riding a bucking bronc..

jess my $.02
Rick in FL:cool:

Back