Switch Or Window Motor???

wwotr

Went to use my Drivers side window in my 90 SC yesterday.
Window rolled down and then about 3/4 of the way up and STOPPED!

Didn't smell anything burning etc.

But when I'm at idle and I press the window switch the engine drops about 100 RPM whenever I press the switch and the window is stuck 3/4 of the way up.

Windoww motor or switch????????????

:(

Can't say which. Easiest thing to do is to pull the arm rest cover off and take a volt meter to the switch to see if its sending voltage to the motor.. Most likely though, its the motor.

Sounds like the motor to me. I had a similar issue with the driver's side window in my '92. It would open about 3" and stop. If I assisted it (by hand) it would open more, but wouldn't close without pulling it up. It could have been the gears or something, but I figured with the age of the motor, it was worth the $85 to get a complete new unit. Not difficult to replace, but it takes a little getting used to how fast the window opens and shuts! About twice as fast as the old passenger side window.

The window itself may just be jammed in the track or the regulator jammed up. If you push the switch and the RPMs drop the window motor is drawing current. Doesn't sound like the switch to me.

Back