Aftermarket radio antennae

ruswin

I need to replace both my SC antennae but I don't feel like spending ?$ on a Ford part. I have looked at several aftermarket types but none that will fit the contour of the quarter panel where the antennae comes through.
Is there something out there that will work or can the original powered antennae parts themselves be replaced?

There is one offered by Harada that will fit. It is kind of ugly in my opinion, but I have installed it so I know it fits. I'd just look at a junkyard. Chances are if it is in the down position it works. What is broken on yours? If if is just the mast and/or nylon cable then that can be replaced for about $50 from Ford.

i was wondering if i go to a junkyard to get an antennae can i just take it out and put it in my car and is it hard to do also would i beable to take it out of say a v8 xr7 or is there anyother car that i can use? thanks for the help

Yeah, go look at ebay. Right after I paid 44 bucks for a replacement antenna mast and nylon cord from Ford and spent the better part of an afternoon trying to figure out how to get the new one in, I found the whole assembly for sale, motor and all, on ebay with 1 hour left for about 29.99. Well, after I replaced the mast, I found out that my motor is about to go (it's REALLY slow!), it figures that I find the whole assembly for cheaper on ebay. DOUGH!

The early antennas are all the same for tbird and cougar. Later ones are fully automatic ( I think 94 up). Good point about Ebay. Make someone else pull it out for you! Probably cheaper too.

Gotta love E-Bay.
I just picked up a 6-disc CD player for my Navigator, Ford
wanted over $400.00 for it, I got it for $25.00.
(It was pulled from a newer vehicle with only 6,000 miles on it).
What a steal.

Back