Lean Condition after MAF and Injector Upgrade

JT93SC

I have a 93SC and have just upgraded to 36# injectors and a C&L 76mm MAF with the orange sampling tube. I now am getting a bit of hesitation when I get on it and my Check Engine Light comes on when I accelerate. The codes are

172,176 - Lack of Oxygen Sensor(HEGO) Switches - Lean Right Side(172) - Lean Left Side(176)

181,189 - Fuel System at Rich Adaptive limit at part throttle - System Lean - Right Side(181) - Left Side(189)

I know I was running lean with the stock 30's and the stock MAF after results from an AFPR test even though I didn't have any check engine light at that time. I had done the full Magnum Powers upgrade - MPII, MP intake plenum and 85mm throttle body last year.

Have I leaned the car out more by opening up the Intake with the 76mm Maf. Do I have to upgrade to a bigger injector?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks - Jim

Last edited:
Jim, it's been a while buddy.

I don't see why the C&L would be a problem. I have been running that very same MAF for some time now and had no problems.

I really don't know anything about the Pro M to give any advice:confused:

I can't remember, but do you have an EEC tuner?

C&L

Hey Steve - I actually have another thread going on with the SC of Ontario Forum. But no, I don't have a Tuner. It might be time to get one though. After going to a 190lph fuel pump, new Fuel filter and upgrading to 36# injectors I figured I'd be all set with the Fuel System. Oh well, I guess I'll keep plugging away. I think I'm going to buy a Fuel Pressure Gauge just to verify I'm getting enough Fuel.

Jim

Jim,

I would suggest we link this thread to the original, to prevent excessive repetition. I still say you should continue chasing the MAF as the sole source of your problems, and not looking elsewhere at this point.

ORIGINAL THREAD

Back