PDA

View Full Version : B.a.p.?

ehonrc51
06-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Just curious if anyone has ever had a problem with the B.A.P. sensor. I believe I got mine wet when I power washed the engine and now the car wont run. I run the codes on it and I get a code 85 and that is the air purge canister solenoid so I replaced that and it is still running the same way(like crap)I bought the car from my brother and the only sensor that hasent been replaced within the last year is the B.A.P sensor and it is original.Any input from anyone would be greatly appreciated because the car has been down now for a month and I'am starting to get a little pissed off..................

Aaron Pedroza
06-12-2003, 01:49 PM
Only experience I have had with it is when my EEC took a dump, it fried the fp relay and bp sensor. Had to replace all at once and ran good again. I have gotten mine wet tons of time cleaning my engine so I don't think getting wet would be a problem. What is the whole prob with car though?

ehonrc51
06-12-2003, 04:29 PM
well the original problem was the the harmonic balancer. I got that fixed and it ran fine for a few days. I took out the air silencer and it seems from then on it just wont run. I put the silencer back in and the same thing I also cut the #14 wire on the intergrated relay control module. Ever since then the car wont idle unless i keep my foot in it and once i start tacking it up it lopes really bad. I changed out the cam sensor,dis module already. A buddy of mine who has a mustang (sorry bastard) said his car did the same thing and he took off the idle air bypass(on the throttle body) and clean it with carb cleaner and it was fine. So anyway I have no clue whats wrong with it I'am just trying to avoid the ford dealership.

Aaron Pedroza
06-12-2003, 05:02 PM
kind of a long shot here but you may try to check out all the connections on your fuel injectors. Maybe one came off or if you took them off for some reason maybe you switched them. Also check wires on cam sensor to make sure they are not frayed and there is a good connection.

Mike8675309
06-12-2003, 05:36 PM
Vacuum leak. Did this start after you power washed it? If so, you knocked a hose loose. You'll want to test for vacuum leaks. There is a FAQ entry on how best to do this.

rlong
06-12-2003, 07:54 PM
i would check the wires and hoses at canister under fender near silencer i would check memory fuse in fusebox out by battery and leave it out 5 to 10 min to reset everything , when i added bigger throttle body mine idled fast until i unhooked battery

ehonrc51
06-12-2003, 08:41 PM
as I recall the car ran pretty good after I power washed it seemed to happen when I took the silencer out I've rechecked the purge canister and I'am still haven problems. Just dont know what to do or where to start

beedogg91
06-12-2003, 08:49 PM
hey aaron, my car is running really crappy and misses and hesitates and backfires once and a while, i have done everythig to fix it. got codes 543- fuel pump ckt open, and 225-no knock signal. so i changed the fuel pump relay, and the knock sensor and it still didnt fix it, i saw you said check your fuel injector plugs, well i did that and i switched the two that could be mistakenly connected wrong by my shop that put my engine in. the first two facing the front on the passenger side. i switched them and my car runs? it runs the same, but it still runs. what do you think this means??? brian