Just bought NEW 1993 SC to replace totaled 90SC!!

rab4jc

Well - I did it again - STILL AN SC FAN!! - even tho BRAKES FAILED on my 90SC - I had the GOOD FORTUNE to find a 1993SC ALMOST FLAWLESS - auto, sroof, climate control, CD player, leather, GLOSSY ORIG. PAINT - PEARL BLUE?? or midnight to me? $2800.!!!
Just a few questions on the 1993 models -
1)did they discontinue the VMM for 1993
2)do the wheels interchange with 1992 and earlier SC's??
3)I noticed the BRAKE FLUID RESERVOIR is different than 90SC
3)IS THERE ANY OTHER DIFFERENCES THAT WOULD BE HELPFUL TO KNOW??

I picked this up from the ORIG. OWNER - it listed for almost $30k,
the gray leather is IMMACULATE, so is carpet, dash, everything - THE ONLY ISSUES I HAVE FOUND IS THE PASS. WINDOW DOES NOT GO DOWN - (any ideas on how to trouble-shoot this would be most welcome!!), also, whenever I put on right turn sig - it flashes 'FASTER' than the drivers side, AND right rear BRAKE LIGHT IS KINDOF 'DIM'??!!
ANY IDEAS of how to correct these minor probs???
Also, antenna doesn't go DOWN COMPLETELY - leaves about 6" up???

I STILL AM LOOKING FOR OTHER SC'S - WOULD PROBABLY UPGRADE TO EXCEPTIONAL 95 5SPEED (if given a chance)

Wheels should interchange, as the rear caliper and rotor is slimmer than the older cars.

The brake system, ABS, and front spindles are like the 94/95. FAQ forum has a lot of good info.

I think your 93 is the best looker of all the years and the one I want for the street, with the 94/95 rear tail lights/trunk, but the old rear bumper cover. Old style interior and front bumper. But I do like the older wheels. Even my wife says so.

Take a look in Tech Forum for your answers. Does the window motor run when you press button?
Doug

Last edited:
Back