Stock audio question

fastsc92

How do I know if I have a stock sub and Amp? Where are they located and what do they look like. I'm thinking of just getting a new CD player with radio and ditch the stockers. Right now I have a Ford CD player and a serparate radio. Both are stock and work fine. The car says "Ford premium sound" if that means anything.

as far as i know they all have an amp in the trunk on the shelf its toward the passenger side i think mine was black said ford amp i forget maybe i had to follow the wires to figure it out ,i think the jbl premium sound has the subwoofer in the trunk you cant hardly miss the sub box you can wire your aftermarket stereo to use the stock amp i just hooked to speaker wires behind the old radio and ran a wire to power the amp

Last edited:
When I bought my SC the previous owner had removed the stock sub and had installed real ones so I'm not sure where the sub was, but I think it was in the trunk, on the right side. It would be something noticeable though. As for the amp, it is mounted in the trunk, right behind the rear seats. It's mounted on the bottom side of the deck behind the rear seats.

Good Luck

Pat

Back