grrrrr....

motocross_masta

something is wrong w/ our brakes and its driving me nuts. I took it to Ford and they told us that the part we're looking for (Brake modulator) is obsolete. There has got to be an after market piece or something. These guys at ford are checking all the wrecking yards and they're sooo slow! If anyone knows where i can get an aftermarket one or a model number or anything please post a reply, thanks in advance
-CJ

From your description I have no idea what part you are trying to locate. What are the symptoms of your brake problem? This may allow us to help you before replacing things that do not need to be replaced.

You might be looking for the 'accumulator'

you can go through Prior Remanufacturing and get a prior accumulator for $100 if this is your problem. Look at the ABS assembly and there should be something that looks like the rubber bulb from a turkey baster

GOT IT!

Apparently they found a the part. Not sure where, they said it was a pain in the @$$ to find but they did it. Maybe the accumalator... not sure. Its one of those situations where your brake lights keep coming on and every once in awhile when u hit the brakes nothing happens. Plus ur losing brake fluid sumwhere along the line. We could smell the burnt fluid on the rear driver side wheel. When we took it in b4 they said it wasn't in the brake line it was in a certain part (Having a mind blank and can't think of the part). The part worked out to be $195 CDN.

Re: GOT IT!

motocross_masta said:
Apparently they found a the part. Not sure where, they said it was a pain in the @$$ to find but they did it. Maybe the accumalator... not sure. Its one of those situations where your brake lights keep coming on and every once in awhile when u hit the brakes nothing happens. Plus ur losing brake fluid sumwhere along the line. We could smell the burnt fluid on the rear driver side wheel. When we took it in b4 they said it wasn't in the brake line it was in a certain part (Having a mind blank and can't think of the part). The part worked out to be $195 CDN.

Sounds like accumulator to me. when your accumulator is bad you will start to lose pressure in the brake system and the motor will continously try to build pressure. Needless to say its fighting a losing battle.

Just an idea....

Take the car to a brake shop that offers free inspections and have them look at the calipers, lines etc. If you are losing fluid in the left rear, that has nothing to do with the accumulator. (the accumulator may be bad, and probably is if it is original, but fluid leaks at the wheels are not related) See if the brake shop has a diagnostic code reader for ABS computers. That may isolate the problem if it is related to the hydraulic system.

Don't spend any money until you know what the problem is. You may end up shelling out $1500 to $2000 with a dealership for no results and then find you could get an entire rebuilt system (with 3-yr warranty) for around $500.......

Ford didn't make the ABS for our cars, so they are generally clueless when it comes to repairs.......

Its already done

Its done, we got a new radiator and the brakes done. They called and gave us and estimate of $800 CDN and guess wut happened when we got there? $1200 CDN please? Cheap b@$t@rds, but wutcha gonna do? I need my bird. But our radiator was corroded and the whole antifreeze problem i put a post about was all fixed, they flushed the cooling system etc etc. but still $1200? thats not bad considering that LJ said $1500 to $2000, i'm guessing american? But The anti-lock light keeps coming on so i'm prolly gonna take it back and give them an ear full if its not fixed.

they put in 500cnd of parts tops(assuming they didnt order a new OEM rad):rolleyes:, was this Hallmark Ford? Ocean Park is somewhat better. If the ABS and Brake light come on at the same time when you press the brake pedal sometimes, its the accumulator, did they put in a used one? I have a good used one for 50cnd. If they buy a new one they will charge 500:D

hmmmm....

We got it done at damns... if it turns out to be the accululator i'll buy yours off you but first i'm gonna have to see if its fixed completely, only time will tell.

Back