SWB #003 makes its track debut...

XR7 Dave

This is a mostly stock 89 5spd car. It has had the resonator removed and a pair of flowmasters out back. Other than that is is stock as they come other than the lack of 8" in the middle. ;)

Anyway, ran 15.134 @ 90.446 with a 2.137 60 ft time. Need some more practice to get that 60ft down into the 2.0 range. ;)

Congrats on the run. It's good to see someone into these cars managed to pick that one up. Any big plans for that one?

Good job. That thing should be really quick with a bit of work. I actually had 001 out for the first time in a very long time a couple weeks ago. Took it out to Bandimere Speedway here in Colorado for a club clash. Ran a 14.624. Was pretty happy with that. I know it's a 302 with and SC, but remember, at mile high, the oxygen is very scarce!!

Also, congrats on the find. If I would have seen that 003 was for sale sooner I would have scooped it up right away!! Maybe someday we'll get the three together at the same time. Now if we can only get our hands on the other two!
:)

I thought I better check in here as well, never been to the track, but the car does get some looks and handles well to boot.

There aren't many places in the universe where you can find three SWB owners!

Glad to see you here, Jeff!

We had two together at the Ford Nats in Carlisle, PA a few weeks ago. Maybe all three of us will show there or somewhere else one day.

I drove to Carlisle in a caravan that had just three SCs to start with and two of those were SWBs. I made a joke that someone came up to the owner of the "normal" SC while we were at a rest stop and asked him how much it cost to have his SC lengthened like that! LOL

One is rumored to be in PA without a motor. I believe it is for sale, but don't have a contact name or #.

Jeff, I have seen pictures of yours, very nice. Glad to see you put it through it's paces once in awhile also! We will get together -- one day! :D

You should look into attending the MN12 Nationals in Pueblo, CO on Labor Day weekend. Unfortunately I won't likely make it, but maybe George will?

car...

hey i saw you at the track that night i had a 94 mustang gt, i raced you, i have a 89 supercoupe that i will be taking out there often to, thats a very nice car you got, gotta love that blue color i live in painesville twp , you work at best buy? or did

That's cool, I think I remember you. If you are who I think you are you have a black or dark green GT? ..... I ran 14.82 at Norwalk the following week. Not bad, huh?

not bad at all. i wish my supercoupe could run that, but my shifter needs rebuilt bad and getting a good launch is a lil tricky so i only ran a 15.4 @90 =(

PonySC

That's a nice looking '91 you got. Looks an awful lot like my old SC. Oh wait, it is :) That's my driveway too.... Haven't talked to you in a while Chris. Email me if you get a chance. My31bird@aol.com

Brandon

Back