What do I got?

birdofprey90

I recently bought a 90 sc love the car but Im trying to figure out what the previous owner did to it. It has a shiftkit thats obvious and the cats have been changed and relocated looks like maybe an exhaust kit. The problem is the MAS and the throttlebody, they both seem newer but theres no markings. Does anyone know how to identify the stock ones from custom ones. Seems like it was someones project I just want to know where to start.

Could be "Later Model" stock

The '89 to '91 SC's (I believe) had a 55mm MAF & TB and the '92 to '95 SC's have a 70mm MAF & TB. It could be that your '90 SC has the later version of the stock setup. That is fairly common and a "lower cost" upgrade for the original setup than some of the "big gun" MAF's and TB's.
Of course, it could be an aftermarket setup that has the markings removed...

All SC’s have the same throttle body they measure 60mm. They all have different markings but it’s under the mounting flange. Markings I have seen are “SC”, “60MM”, “50MN”, and no marking. Early TB’s have a coolant line at the bottom of the TB, it can be bypassed with no ill effects (at least in Texas).

The MAF is pretty easy to tell the 55mm has the opening off center and looks very small. The 70mm has a post running from top to bottom and with a small tube at the top.

Jeff

Back