'89-'93 Blower on a '95?

Ryan A Harris

I have some work to do to get my '95's blower ready for a 75mm throttle body. So to eliminate my down time, I have a blower off a '90, so I want swap it on.

I have the '95 blower off, and upon looking at all the connections at the rear, for vac lines, and the by-pass(which is my biggest concern) I have noticed that the plenums have some differences. I was looking to see if anyone has had any succes with this sort of swap. I didn't spend a lot of time in looking at them side by side. Nor have I had the chance(yet) to see if there will any more "issuses" when I install the early blower.

Thanks for your time.

Think I forgot to make a few things clear. I am also swapping the plenums. I mean the '95 blower and the plenum are out. The '90 blower and it's plenum are going in. Thats the trouble, the plenums are different for those years. The blowers I know will bolt right on, but the plenums have some fiitings that are either not there, or either in a different spot.

Hope that helps clear that up, some.

Go to Canadian Tire and get a tee from the help section.The one you want is white in color and it has all hose variables.This will fix your problem!

Thanks Steve, that will get started, but there is still one issue, the by-pass. On the '95, the by-pass goes to the inelt plenum, on the early stlye, I'm not sure where it goes. There is no nipple on the inlet for it.

If you mean the hose that connects the feed inlet to the blower to the intake inlet.It does connect to the inlet on the blower.Thats why i said get a tee,that way you can tee the hose into the inlet.Hope this helps!

Back