PDA

View Full Version : '89-'93 Blower on a '95?

Ryan A Harris
06-13-2003, 11:56 PM
I have some work to do to get my '95's blower ready for a 75mm throttle body. So to eliminate my down time, I have a blower off a '90, so I want swap it on.

I have the '95 blower off, and upon looking at all the connections at the rear, for vac lines, and the by-pass(which is my biggest concern) I have noticed that the plenums have some differences. I was looking to see if anyone has had any succes with this sort of swap. I didn't spend a lot of time in looking at them side by side. Nor have I had the chance(yet) to see if there will any more "issuses" when I install the early blower.

Thanks for your time.

Ryan A Harris
06-14-2003, 12:20 AM
Think I forgot to make a few things clear. I am also swapping the plenums. I mean the '95 blower and the plenum are out. The '90 blower and it's plenum are going in. Thats the trouble, the plenums are different for those years. The blowers I know will bolt right on, but the plenums have some fiitings that are either not there, or either in a different spot.

Hope that helps clear that up, some.

92strokedbird
06-14-2003, 12:26 AM
Go to Canadian Tire and get a tee from the help section.The one you want is white in color and it has all hose variables.This will fix your problem!

Ryan A Harris
06-14-2003, 12:30 AM
Thanks Steve, that will get started, but there is still one issue, the by-pass. On the '95, the by-pass goes to the inelt plenum, on the early stlye, I'm not sure where it goes. There is no nipple on the inlet for it.

92strokedbird
06-14-2003, 01:00 AM
If you mean the hose that connects the feed inlet to the blower to the intake inlet.It does connect to the inlet on the blower.Thats why i said get a tee,that way you can tee the hose into the inlet.Hope this helps!