Newsletter

S

SCrazy

I noticed in the last issue of CT that some of the other sections send out newsletters.

I would be willing to coordinate, print and mail if we can get some help with input.

Perhaps a member contact list similar to SCCoA which includes a description of your rides, a NE region calendar and a couple of features: maybe one is a bio (Our fearless leader Skip may want to go first) and another is technical or a description of a current project.

Let me know what you all think.

Sounds like a GREAT idea to me Brian! You da man!
-Jeff

Yikes dude!
I suppose I could,,,,,,but since when did I become leader?
AND YEAH.....
I guess I am fearless......

Just don't turn out the lights...

~tiny voice~
mommy!!

You just got elected. Congratulations

Actually I'm just screwing around about the leader thing, but you and Jeff have really been at the leading edge of getting the ball rolling and it seemed right to introduce you guys first.

I don't think this needs to be a big deal. Maybe a pic of you and your car and 3-4 short paragraphs: about you, some yada yada about what got you into SCs, car mods etc.

And thanks for the warning about the lights

Well dude, I think the car pic is outta the question, but I will have a 400 hp engine pic on the stand! I couls use that, I'll just need a couple weeks notice, unless someone wants to go first. It all depends on your schedule and when this is going to get done. What type of articles would we be interested in doing?
How long should they be?

Great....Let's shoot for a first newsletter a few weeks after the July meet that way we can include some pics and stuff of the meet.

Anybody have any ideas on articles that would work....don't worry if you post and idea I will not ask you to do the article unless you offer.

Brian,
If you want to do any "how-to" articles, I could give some input on the indiglo gauge install...... we could rate some products, like the MAC Cold Air Induction I bought. Maybe some of the other members could give their opinions on different products that they have installed also. I'm sure I'll have some pics from the meet on Sunday, so maybe we could do a review of it (weather permitting!) Since I got my digital cam, I try to document the mods and repairs I do, and you know me....I'm never "short on words"! I'll put something together, and email it to you sooner or later!
-Jeff

Excellent idea on the gauges and intake. I had a "Homemade" intake on my car previously and will be using the 3-1/2" piece from Super Coupe Performance on the new build, if you have Mac all we need is a couple others and we can cover a wide range of the offerings.

Later

Feel free to use any of my articles you like! Just add my name to the end and we're all good. There's a list of them on my site at www.gagfish.com. And there's a lot more I haven't written up either.

I'll also offer you guys an electronic alternative to a newsletter. I have an e-mail database merge program where it will merge personal data and text and mass mail it to everyone on the list, but each person gets their own personalized e-mail. So if you want to do thins let me know, it'd be easier and cheaper than an actual news letter.

Great.....It looks like we'll have plenty of material to keep this thing going for quite a while.

the e-mail thing sound like a great idea....do we think there might be "non email" people who will eventually be on a mailing list?

Brian,
You might not have heard, but one of our new members (Pat Folan) is currently going through the nightmare of the "blown HG syndrome." He's got a super nice 90, with all the goodies. I was thinking maybe he would be willing to do a little piece on his experience, and repair for a future issue. If you haven't seen his SC, here's the link: www.blownbirds.com/pat_folan.htm ....just a thought.

PS-Who knows...maybe things will work out so I can get to East Hartford with a truck someday! LOL
:cool:

-Jeff

That is one beautiful car...(to bad it's black).

Pat

If you wouldn't mind cataloging your adventure we would really appreciate it. This is exactly the type of repair that would make a great article.

Are you going to just do the gaskets? or is this just an excuse to go futher.

Oh darn honey the damn head gaskets blew now I have to.........(insert long list of upgrades).

Must have something to do with the whole"red ones are faster than black ones" and "black ones are faster than red ones"!!! LOL

How does the white ones go. Because if I could walk in to a Ford show room and buy a new SC it would be white. A little dust and a few rain drops a black car mess. PETE

Well the white ones are much slower...it has something to do with the sun's reflection into the white pigment, causing it to stay cold, thus slowing the car in the wind's angular deflection, causing maximum wind resistance, making the white ones much slower.
Ahem!

Ya know my pick up is red and it runs pretty good. I had a red vega years ago I don`t tell many people that. I hope I don`t get kicked out of the SC club now I let that info out. Pete

Article

Brian and Jeff,

I would love to do an article. I just started the breakdown, but I could definately tell you all about my repair step-by step. And yes Brian, and am going to do some headwork while it is pulled apart. I should have done it when it was apart JUST FOUR WEEKS AGO!! I guess you really do have to be a nut-case to love these cars soo much.
Anyways I'll get going on tha.
--Pat

Re: I am an idiot

Great...It sounds like were going to have lots of material for the letter. Good luck with your project. I pulled my motor in late December and still do not have things back together, it's killing me.

Later

Back