moonroof problem

Michael Mattix

SCCoA Member
Tonight I noticed that my moonroof/sunroof will not stop in the closed position. When I go to close it from either vented or open, it will pass the closed position and go right to the opposite position. After reading my Factory Manual that doesn't specifically call out this problem, I'm thinking that the microswitch is bad. Some kind of synchronizing setting that has to be done when a new electric motor is installed? Now I'd like to find out where this switch is to reset it. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? I was going to try to adjust all adjustable settings as well as take a strong light to the area and look around, but I'm at a loss here. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Time to buy a motor

The stops are all part of the motor. Your best bet is to get another motor from any bird or cougar that is a mn12 design. The yard by my place just got one in so if you want I can check it out for you...Let me know at bruhn@execpc.com ....Rich

That happened to my 90 bird. If the roof still moves, the motor should still be good. The gears seemed to have skipped a few teeth. I just turned the gears by hand and kept checking the closing point till the motor shut down in the closed position.

Back