your experience with magnum powers ported sc?

blown96bird

I recently had my blower ported by magnum powers. I yet to install it I was wondering what you air charge tempeture has decreased to since you have had it ported? How much did you see the boost presure go up? I am only turning the blower 15100 rpm using a 6.5 inch harmonic ballancer and a 2.52 inch blower pullie. I have recently added a 75 mm throttlebody to replace the 70 mm unit. The inside of the plenium was 68 mm and it was opened up to 76 mm.

my exhaust

I have added a ART system 2 1/2 dual stainless steel exhaust system and I am going to replace the cast iron manifolds with kooks headers. I am currently running 8 psi boost pressure. I am hoping that I can slow the blower down and keep the same boost pressure and have a much cooler air charge tempeture.

MPII Upgrade

I did the whole Magnum Powers upgrade - SC ported, MP Plenum and 85mmm Throttle Body. I ended up gaining about 2 lbs of boost.

my thoughts.

I expect to gain 1.25-1.75 pounds of boost pressure. I am going to put the orginal 2.8 inch pullie to slow the blower down to 13600 rpm. I think that with the more efficent intercooler that I added it will reduce the act by not having to turn the blower so hard. I wish that I could use a 85 mm throttlebody but I think that the 75 mm unit will be fine. I think that the headers will also help reduce the combustion tempeture some and reduce the possiability of detonation.

Back