Exhuast Setup - Comments?

Super XR7

I am determined to add side exhaust to my car. To do this I am looking at deleting the spare tire recess, deleting the existing tank and adding a rear tank below the trunk. I have drawn up a exhaust and would like comments on how it would sound. If you would like more detail, I can email a better file. (2.5 meg). Any comments??

Mike Tuck
Super XR7

Attachments

• sc exhaust.jpg
    sc exhaust.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 221
Why not get a fuel cell put in your spare tire recess? It'll take some cutting and fab work, but if your determined to have the side exit exhaust, this would take care of all your problems.

That is under consideration, but would be a small tank. Looking at cutting out the spare tire recess and install a tank big enough to hold approx. 20 gallons and still use the existing filler with a modified fuel tube.

Mike Tuck

A lot of work to get side exit. Have you thought about the SpinTech mufflers to allow you to maybe retain some of the structure back there?

I'm pondering a single exhuast outlet with a Borla unit as a resonator, and then maybe a spin tech rear muffler with a center exit under through the rear valence. Track down some cool looking stainless steel exhaust tips and I think it would trick.

At least that's my latest dreamed of iteration of a system that has yet to be funded.

Back