Sunroof Leaking

JJanney

Well, I bought the new gasket for the sunroof from Webasto, and then Richard (kamakazie_1) suggested cleaning the run-offs for the water. I began that task today by simply pouring a small bit of water down the run-offs to see if it would come out near the bottom of the car. To my dismay, the passenger side run-off actually leaks right into the cab.

Is there anything I can do about that? Could I somehow cap the passenger side run-off, or would it leak even worse somewhere else?

Thanks!

Is it dripping from the roof, or down the floor of the passenger side? It could be the drain line has come lose. I'm not sure if you can get to it if you pull the side panels off inside the car or not. But that would be the first thing to maybe try. The system does need to drain, but maybe the drivers side will be sufficient. You can give it a try.

It is actually dripping from two individual spots along the A-column on the passenger side. One of the spots I put a bit of sealer on as I could see the hole, but the other one I had no luck with. I will see if I can come up with anything tomorrow.

Thanks!

Check the channel first

I had a similar problem. I took an air nozzle and put a long tube on the tip and stuck it down into the hole and govae it a good blast of air. The balst cleared a clog in the channel and I have never had a problem since.
Hope this helps. It take about a minute to fix.

Back