any one using magnaflow

daivd z

i was thinkin of getting the magnaflow resanator and some mufflers. is anyone using them? do they sound good? and what part number are they? thanks

the part # for the Res #12278...........the guy who did my exhaust has magnaflow mufflers with no cats, no resonator on an 89 Sc and it sound pretty good to me. It had a nice rumble.

I'm also using a Magnaflow resonator, part# 12278. I'm using it with high flow cats and no mufflers, and it sounds great to me. May be a little loud to others though, which would easily be taken care of by a pair of mufflers.

-Rod

Did you want mag. mufflers also or just res. I can't remember if I posted this link for you or not. Mag res. 3" out to 2 X 2-1/2" DynaMax super turbos. Stock downtubes and cats. Deep mellow and quiet.

here

Julian

Good Choice...

I like my all magnaflow setup...It sounds great at idle and slow cruise speed/rpm's...I have to admit that I get a lil farty sound @ WOT in lower R's in my power curve, but it does not last long at all. Then it sounds all business...I have a Flowmaster setup on my 90SC and the two are NOTHING alike and I dig both of them...I think the Magnaflow has a less agressive sound, yet still loud as heck...If you go with the magnaflow setupmake sure you get the longest resonator they have, I did not do this and pay for it in some RPM ranges it get some serious drone...

Have fun...

Brad

whats the flowmaster set up and how does it sound. i was thinkin getting downtubes made and put stock cats at the end and putting the magnaflow resinator at the end to a 3 inch pipe with maybe 2 flowmasters. would it sound crappy or nice deep and smooth.

well, if your gonna have custom downtubes made,why keep the stock cats ?? Go high flow and have a totally open exhaust.
The setup that you mention has made me happy....

Cats or no Cats...

If ya gotta have cats then ya gotta go with hi-flo ones to do it right. If ya are not subject to smog then why go with cats at all? Many seem to think that there is this huge differance between cats or no cats and I have heard no differance in the tones with or without...Although if you have bad cats then you have problems anyway, and exh. tones are the least of your worries at that point...It pays to do the exh. right, and to get all the origional emissions equipment off the exh "Resonator/s and stock cats.

The flowmaster setup you mentioned will please you, and is the more agressive sound between the two mentioned...

cheers

Brad

the local muffler shops wont work on your car if you dont have cats. so i think im oging to go with downtubes with high flow cats to magnaflow resanator to 3 inch pipe to dual 40 series flows.

Back