SC Gurus...need some help

stangin99

Ok, here me out on this.

I want to pick up a decent condition used SC shortblock, and basically strip it of everything leaving only the bottom end.

Clean it up.

Convert it to splitport via my current stangs engine, but throw on a cam, ported heads/intakes and the such.

And later later later on, strap on a blower.

Now heres where you come in. The roots blower makes butt loads of torque, and the SC can take it.

What about a centrifugal blower, pushing ~14psi or even more? Will the bottom end hold out? I figured that with the higher rpm's, it would be safer, but I have no clue as to what the SC bottom end can take with a maxed out roots.

I think you'll be fine bro, I would tend to believe a Centriful blower ( Vortech etc) would be less abusive on a motor then the roots, thus one reason why Ford when with the stronger bottom end in the SC, but I am sure any blower add on and the motor would be beefed up regardless.

The stock stang bottom end can handle 14 psi no problem so a SC bottom end would be even better.

The stock shortblock has been proven to handle the equivilant of 375rwhp assuming a centrifugal blower (330 with a roots). Add some better rods and pistons and you won't hurt it at any level.

As far as rpm goes, that is a different story. Roots blown motors dont' see much above 6K, so I can only tell you that 6K has not been a problem. With some better internals, 7500 wouldn't worry me.

Back