Questions

fcodelgado

Hello, i'm a new owner of a 89 t-bird sc, at first everything was fine but now i have some problems.
After some time of use, suddenly the car turned off and won't start again.
I'm not familiar with this cars that why i have a question.
According to the mechanic the problem is with the DIS, but i want to be sure if this is the cause. Does anyone out there with information about this module? is there a way of testing it? or i have to purchase the part and possibly the cause is in another place?
all the information that you can share with me it's appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited:
What is happening with car? Were there any other symptoms before it just shut down? I'm sure we can help you out.

Last edited:
Sounds like...

You may have gotten bit by the old Harmonic Balancer bug!! If you know what the main pulley is on the engine, reach down inside the pulley and feel for a rather large bolt head and washer. If you don't feel a bolt head, you are in bad shape, get ready to spend some $$ (to the tune of about $400 or so if you don't have a mechanic friend).

If the bolt is gone, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT TRY TO CONTINUE TO START THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!. Leave it as is till you get the new Harmonic Balancer from your local Ford Stealership.

Have any other question, email me, PM me, or just post a reply. It may not be your Harmonic Balancer (which tends to snap off of older higher mileage SC's), but I don't think you should take a chance on it!!

Do a search of the tech forums for Harmonic Balancer to find all the extra info you need.

Phil

Back