PDA

View Full Version : Hello???

MN12 KID
06-16-2003, 02:37 PM
Anyone here, or is this Chapter dead?

boosted89SC
06-16-2003, 07:05 PM
This chapter has been dead for a year at least a year. Theres not really many people here in NY that are still active members.

tbirder
06-20-2003, 10:12 AM
I've ben busy with the bird, I'm still around... where in NY are you from?

MN12 KID
06-20-2003, 11:01 AM
Long Island, NY - Suffolk area.

tbirder
06-20-2003, 02:39 PM
check out my TBird... It had a 3.8L V6, I swapped in a 5.0L V8!

http://www.fordmuscle.com/phpBB/yourcars/viewcars.php?uzer=tbirder

This is a old pic, it's getting prepped for new paint. Getting wheels and tint soon...

MN12 KID
06-20-2003, 02:53 PM
That's cool - how hard was the swap?

East End SC
06-21-2003, 10:38 PM
I'm still here but nobody ever posts in the NY forum anymore.
David

tbirder
06-26-2003, 10:49 AM
To stuff a 5.0L into my 89 tbird, I had to fabricate custom motor mounts and to use shorty headers, I had to modify the steering shaft. The AOD trans was a perfect fit. If I had a digital cam, I would attach pics.... It was not a easy job, I'm still working out a few bugs with all of the 3.8L EFI componuts removed.:cool:

NYC Russ
07-03-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by East End SC
I'm still here but nobody ever posts in the NY forum anymore.
David

That's cause you smell funny and Ken has a tail... :D

Deep6
07-29-2003, 12:40 AM
Surprised it died so easily.

I haven't been around much, I know. I had a baby 7 months ago and I started a new job around the same time. Since I'm the sole breadwinner now, I try and work as much overtime as possible and often times work 50+ hours a week. Unfourtunatly something has to give and that is my time on this website and time spend turning wrenches on the t-bird.

Don't despair though. I bought a beater saturn to drive around so I don't continue wasting the bird. Perhaps when I get promoted or something there will be more time for me.

XxSlowpokexX
08-13-2003, 02:18 AM
eh phoey..Queens here but of course..Car..Well thats in Suffolk haha

Deep6
08-15-2003, 11:56 PM
It's all over the news, figured that I'd discuss it here for the fellow New Yorkers!

HappyHourHero
08-18-2003, 02:05 PM
hey all, deep6, the balck out was good for me becouse i got out of work and still got paid for the day but i got rearended leaving work :( , no damage just mixed paint on my bumper, it needed to be painted anyway, oh well. and i just went home and jammed and drank, all was good. how was your day?

XxSlowpokexX
08-18-2003, 03:40 PM
I finally saw my SC on saturday...Sent out some crap to be powdercoated...Think I picked a gay color...Once new motors in we will see how it looks!..And about the blackout...People need to NOT keep there brights on at alltimes

Deep6
08-18-2003, 09:19 PM
Everyone has been running their A/C systems too much. For me the bird has been sitting alot, just getting used on the weekends.

I have been using that beater saturn and fixing a few things on it here and there. For example, I fixed the climate control cable on it so it will actually blow the A/C in your face rather than at your feet.

I stopped up to a friend's house who basically has a mansion. Somthing like 10 bedrooms. Would you believe that just about everything that could be on was? TV's, A/C, lights, radio etc.

My computer's been giving me problems, locking up and trying to access the E: drive. For some strange reason. And I need to get some new rubber for the bird by the end of the month, or else it won't pass inspection.