where is everybody from

Z

ZOOMBUGGY3

this is nice we got r own furom sweat! just wanted to know were is everyone from here in new england. im from springfield mass.

I'm your neighbor dude! I am in RI. I don't know how far from Springfield that is though! I am probably 10 minutes southwest of Providence.

SKIP

OK so I nearly split the difference in East Hartford (30 min to Springfield about 1hr to Providence)

One thing nice about this region is everybody will be within 2hr or so of just about anything we want to do.

Yeah Brian, that will be cool. The NEast isn't that huge. Imagine living in TX........The whole state is the size of the NE! LOL!

SKIP

I'm from Maine. I don't believe i've seena nother SC here!

What part of Maine dude? I go up there fairly often to Acton!

SKIP

Maine's a great state I have relatives in the Augusta area New Sharon to be specific. I love driving up that way we often do weekends to Freeport

I live in Brunswick, ME. I drive through freeport daily, and I am always in Portland. I have never been to Acton, Maine. Though, Sanford (halfway between Acton and Portland) has good racing during the summer.

It's a nice place to be, but RWD cars are hard in the winter.

Where I stay in Acton is only about 10 minutes away (MAX.) From Sanford. Or 5 minutes form the Poor People's Pub if you know where that is.

SKIP

As most of you already know, I'm from Smithfield, RI. I've seen maybe 3-4 SC's around here, (well kept) but I guess they don't know about our "cosa nostra" (this thing of ours!). If you guys wanna get together before this meet we're trying to do, please let me know. We all live in New England, so nothing's really THAT far! Maybe we can hang out some Saturday, or Sunday morning / afternoon. Let's face it, most people don't understand why we put so much time, and energy into these Birds. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one pumping every extra cent into "my baby!"
Peace Guys & I'll SC ya when I SC ya!!!!!
:cool: 0]

In truth people think were just nuts for putting so much into these cars.

Every time I walk into my local Ford dealer they just roll there eyes. They universally love the cars but hate keeping them up and working on them.

My friend just bought a 2000 Grand Prix GTX and basicly laughed at me because for the kind of $ I'm dumping into the bird I could have bought that car. But just know who's gonna get the last laugh.

What's a descent car worth?
$10k?

Btw the time I get done with my car with mods, it'll stand me close to 8500 all told, and I'll have a 425hp, 22mpg car that has a completely new drivetrain! I'd rather have a fresh drivetrain with no miles than a used car with 50k and over for miles and not know where it's been! Just my .02

SKIP

Chit...for 8,500 your doing pretty well.

I thing by the time I'm done I could damn near have bought the thing new in '89 or 3 used '95s now.

Car Mods - $15k...........Being in the 12s - Priceless.

Yeah, I guess I have a bit more than I figured after I REALLY think about it. I probably have closer to 10k after all the engine work and tranny work I have done. I was just making a rough guesstimate! Ah well, at least it will scream when I get done, I just hope all this work will get me to the 12's, that's what I am hoping anyway!

SKIP

Over in Somerset, Ma - 15 minutes from Providence

Aaron

89 Auto - sitting in my yard with a dead crank sensor

Roslindale, MA here. Rico is from Roslindale too.
I have a 35th and he has a 94 5-speed with a 96 front end on it. His is in the shop getting some paint and mine is getting the
heads and charger done. Mine should be done mid-april, his should be done any week now. It would be great if we could get some meets going up here.

Tom

Tom,

Where in Roslindale are you? I lived on Sycamore St. for about 7 years. The wife is from the neighborhood also.

Joe

Back