Ultimate Frisbee - Saturday

plev72

Don't know if any of you guys are interested, but it looks like there will be a walk on ultimate frisbee tournee ($5) on Saturday at fields 9&10 (I think) next to Diablo stadium... it is intended for players of all skill levels as they will put the names in a couple of hats and draw teams at random. Think signup is around 4:30 and game starts at 5:15 or 5:30... and I guess they have the fields until midnight... makes for LOTS of ultimate - good exercise though :)

Paul

Hey, I also play ultimate:). I wouldn't think that any SCers would be playing. My name is Sergio, Just got done with High School. Do you play open, masters or mixed? My team Salami Tsunami is a pretty good team, we went to an Oregon Jr. Tourny savage and won:). Where do you live in Arizona, I have an Ex-girlfriend who plays Ultimate, Her name is Jacquie. Just wanted to see whats up and say 'hi' to a friendly Ultimate player. Peace

Sergio

Hey,

I'd definately qualify as a novice at this point. I've been playing once a month or so with a small group, but just started yesterday playing with the folks at the INTEL office near my house. They meet every Monday and most Wednesdays so I figure it should be a good time. I'm not entirely sure what the deal is with the Tourney Saturday other than that we are mostly going to get heatstroke, there should be a bunch of people (guys and girls) of all skill levels, and it should be good fun. I live in Mesa which is just outside of Phoenix and the Tourney is in Tempe near ASU.

Paul

Sweet, that sounds fun. I consider myself very good player, i went up against people who are on some of the top best Universitys and i stuck with them. I'm choosing my colleges by how good their Ultimate teams are:) I'm going to Humboldt next year. I've been playing since i have been in 7th grade, and i just graduated high school. Keep up the good times with Ultimate, i certianly do.

Sergio

Bah, and humbug, I went, and I didn't see... don't know if they cancelled the tournament or what, but in anycase I couldn't find them. Very disappointed. Guess I'll have to wait until Monday to play <sigh>.

Paul

I just played a round today. The weatheris so beautifull out here right now. Fairway? I don't need no stinkin fairways.

I played at a local 9 hole I grew up near in Sac and then played at a course, Cherry Island.
Let me know if you want to play sometime.

Back