New name.

No doubt! Just bought a 95 fuel tank, and today I ordered a 190 lph pump! This was a VERY light day....I can't really complain however, when I see what Skip, and Brian have to fork out, not to mention Pat (HG job), I guess I don't have it too bad! I'm sure that day will come when I'm paying someone do do a pair of heads, etc, etc!
-Jeff
PS-Hey, $1500.00 for a pair of goalie pads isn't pocket change either!

How long

My SC was really owned by a little old lady. She works with me I asked her every day, want to sell that car. She sold it to me 5 years ago. Now my question? the car went to Ford for every service. They did everthing by the book and I have the receipt to prove it. But it now has 93,000 miles and the HG have never been changed. How much time do I have, or maybe they will never need to be changed. What makes them go? Can I do anything to make them last longer I don`t beat on it. Has anyone gone with out changing them 150,000 or more miles Thanks Pete

HG's at 150+

Pete,

The answer is yes, my 95 has 152,000 miles on it...original HG's, and it runs pretty strong, all things considered.

Course, FORD made a few chnages in 94-95 as far as the HG's go. But, in college I had a friend with a 90 that went 230K then the clutch, and HG's went within about 2 months of each other....no too bad.

I truly think that if you don't work your car too hard those HG's will last a long time. Good exhaust should definitely help. If a little ole lady drove (so was mine...) then I bet you have a long way to go with no problems. Preventative maintanence and a light foot will allow these cars to run forever. No bad considering how advanced they were in 1990.

Good luck,
Scott

Re: HG's at 150+

No sweat Pete I had about 140K before I wreck perfectly good gaskets and took the thing apart.

No little ol' lady drivin' that puppy either.

Back