supercharger oil

there is no drain plug, unless you want to remove the blower and turn it upside down. i went to a farm supply store and bought two hyperdermic syrenge, spell check please. and two feet of poly tube, place the tube over the syrenge and remove the allen plug on the right front of the blower. suck out the old oil with one syrenge and put in the new oil with the other. i would go to a pontiac dealer to buy the fluid it is much cheaper. the correct fluid level when full will touch the bottom of the allen plug. i think it will hold four to six ounces, but i am not sure.

hers is something interesting for u guys.
i went to the gm dealer to get sc fluid.
they said that they dont even put sc fluid in the gtp's.
i went to 2 gm dealers they both said the same thing.
they told me to use mobil 1 full synthetic oil 5w-20.

hmm.

I'm using the Aviation grade BP 2380 (I think it's called) turbine oil someone suggested. 10 bucks for a 32 oz can. it looks like clear purple fishing line and seems to work awesome. might do a forum search for the stuff. highly recommended.

L8a.:cool:

I use 4 Oz. of Royal Purple 15W-40 synthetic motor oil and 2 oz. of Lucas Oil Stabilizer in both of my "S" model blowers.

Ed Springer

90 Black XR7 5-speed: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, Upgraded '94 Supercharger, 5% SC Pulley, Raised SC Top, I/C Fan, Underdrive Pulleys, Headers, Magnaflow Muffler (no cats), 3:27 Gears, Ripper Shifter, 73 CL MAF, Magnacore Wires.

94 Red SC Auto: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, Stock 90 SC Pulley, Raised SC Top, I/C Fan, Underdrive Pulleys, Headers, Magnaflow Muffler (no cats), 3:73 Gears, 73 CL MAF, Magnacore Wires, TRANSGO Shift Kit, Haydon Auxiliary Transmission Cooler.

Unless you know the volitility rating of the fluid you are using you are asking for trouble. The problem being as the oil gets heated it off gasses depending on how volitile it is. That helps to create a pressure in the nose section on the blower that can force lubricant out the nose section seal on the blower shaft.

ZOOMBUGGY3, try this number on your GM guy for the oil: 12345982

That may help jog his memory that they do have SC fluid!

I'm using the BP 2380 too. I learned about it from ESM, they have been using it in their ported superchargers for years.

David

actually.

I learned it from your previous posts David N. I will never go back to ford/gm fluid, it stinks and costs far too much. thanks for hippin' me to it!! Peace.

l8a.

Back