Stock-Chromies

motocross_masta

I saw a really nice T-bird last weekend. It was a real nice Blue w/ stock, chrome finished wheels. It looked really good, wondering if anyone here has stock chrome finished wheels, or if the guy i saw is on here. If anyone has them plz post sum pics. BTW: How hard would it be to refinish them myself, or do i have to send them in?

ive got a 94 with factory wheels that are chromed.i wouldnt have any other wheel myself! i actually had to have 1 rechromed,i took it to a place in college park,md.i guess they send it out to be done.they are pretty expensive though if you dont have a "trade"where they take your old stock wheels then give you the chromed ones.i seen $350 per wheel with no trade,this plce will trade wheels for $850+mounting[you dont want your local pepboys trying to mount chrome wheels!!]+balancing[once again,you dont want people hammering lead weights on your chrome wheels!] ive seen this happen once,its a bad scene...

I didn't get to see if it needed a wash, it waent by pretty fast but wut SC doesn't?:D But it looked real good, it was in the Surrey Central Station area (In, u guessed it! Canada, BC, Surrey. No igloos here folks) Anyways ddw350, do u think u can post sum pics? And AsScLoWn, was it ur car or was there a point to asking whether it was clean or not?:p hahaha thanx for the feed back

mine. they are factory chromed.

305992_7.jpg

Great!

Bagged90SC, three questions for yea:
- Factory Chromed as in, u took them in and they did it for u? Or they came chrome when u bought the car in 1990?
- If u took them in to be chromed, what did it cost you?(American or Canadian)
- How much did ur air ride system cost?(American or Canadian)

And AsScLoWn,
- Do u know who's car that is?
- Where they got it done or if they did it themselves?
- If they did it themselves, how hard was it?

There was a factory option.

The white 5spd my son has now has them. I bought it used from the original owner who still had the window sticker. ;)

Lee

what rivlee said. my rims came from the factory like that. i bought the car from the original owner also. for an air suspension, it will cost about $1400 american if you do the work yourself. i am using firestone bags, as used on semi trucks, but you can use mark 8 suspension parts for much cheaper. more info on the work involved on my webpage.

Sooo...

So for me to Bag my bird, here in Canada would cost about $2500? Tell me, was it worth it or does it just sit at the same height all the time? And if i took my car to ford would they b able to chrome out my wheels? If so is it easy enough to do myself?

with the air suspension, i can adjust the ride height with switches inside the car. i can get a 5 inch lift in the front and a 9 inch lift in the rear, or i can let all the air out and get .5" from laying the frame. i usually drive around with a 2- 2.5" inch drop and its real smooth. cant get that with springs. i am not into racing but if i were to i can put the springs back in in 30 mins.(my eibachs since they are shorter.) but that wont stop me from making this sc fast. i have plans for the engine. i want both show and go. it was well worth it. if you want a real smooth ride and want to get low or high, this is the way to go. after lowering with the eibachs, it wasnt low enough for me, and i didnt want to go lower with springs because i would scrape. now with the air suspension, no worries of scraping because i can hit a switch and i am up in the air.:D if you can change springs, you can install the bags yourself. if you just want an adjustable suspension and want to get real low but not lay frame, you can modify mark 8 bags. i have a pic on my page of them on the front. they get real low but not as low as i wanted:) . you can get used mark bags for $100 a pair (american)

Last edited:
I know the owner of one of our local lowriders shop. He's going to lower our car i think a good 2 inches. How low was yours before u bagged it? If i lower it 2 inches will it scrape anywhere. Ur Eric aren't you? I saw ur car on the Baggedbirds.com site. Its a really nice car, got any other pics? I'm not sure whether i'm going to bag it when i get it or just keep the lowering springs that will be on it. (I dun have it now because my parents own it, i've already paid them half the money, so as soon as i turn 16 its mine:D , 6mos, 10 days!)

Wow

That is one nice looking car. With the eibachs... how much of a drop was that? And, where did u get those clear corners. I saw them on supercoupeperformance.com but i also heard that u can make clears on ur own? Where did u buy yours from? I like the cold air intake. What kinda horsepower did that give you? I'm looking to put one on my car, did u make that piece yourself or did u buy it?

thanks. corners came from procarparts. not sure if they have them still. that was a -1.5" drop. i did cut off the amber off the stock corners to experiment(they were spare ones). imo it doesnt look good. behind it, there are two silver strips and a clear strip. so you can basically see the bulb in the housing. also since the amber was cut off, the side of the corner lamp is no longer flush with the front. as far as the intake, that plastic piece came out of that lower air box in the fender. i was told that that piece is the silencer and not the whole box itself. its a temp. thing because i plan to get a zr intake after i get the larger maf and tb.

Is that fresh paint or was that the original one? We need sum new paint but thats last on our list. First we're gonna get our stereo back (Sum1 stole our face plate... Full colour display... sum ppl) and then we're gonna lower it and prolly have the rims chromed out and clear corners. Then the paint will be done with tint and the rest of our sound system (Subs and better spkrs) will be put in to finish it off, and thats all gonna be done before i get the car (For $3000 CDN might i add) When i get it i'll probably put spark plugs in the exhaust for the flames out the rear end, a neon kit (Have connections.... get a full neon kit installed for $300 CDN) and then the rest goes to engine upgrades.

Back