18x9.5" Wheels Fit or No?

ThunderCoupe94

I was just curious if a set of 18x9.5" wheels will fit on my 94 SC? There is a guy around here who owned a Taurus and had these rims on his ride and they are pretty sweet and i know they will look awesome but want to make sure they will fit b4 i purchase them. Anyone with any info on this PLEASE respond ASAP. Thanks for your help

Jay

I know 18's will fit i just dont know about the 9.5" width on em. I know guys on here are runnin 17x9's and one guy on TCCoA is runnin 18x9's on his n/a but i dont know if the extra .5" will affect anything. I just wanted to make sure b4 i pay this kid the money.

Jay

All depends on offset and backspacing. I don't run 18's, but my rear wheels are 17x9.5" and have a 6.25" backspacing awith a 25mm offset. I run Michelin Pilot Sports at and 285/40/17 in rear. The rear rims I have with the 285 tires will rub a stock 'bird wheelwell. I had the fenders widened a tad and the inner lip rolled.

XR7 Dave runs a very similar setup on his Cougar, but I think he might get a little tire rub every now and again. I remember Micah had some monsterous tires on the back of his ride, but do not remember the exact specs.

Back