what kind of mufflers should I get?

Bacondoggy

I have a custom exhaust with no cats or res - and my current mufflers are some flowmasters (I am sure they are very high flow because it is aloud as a motha) Also the flomaster's have held up to their name and I know for sure the baffles inside the drivers side has RUSTED loose and right around 2000 rpm you get this terrible vibration sound (oh the cops love it - grrrr) so anyone know what an ideal setup would be with nothing except mufflers?Right now the exhaust from the headers to where the res would be is BRAND NEW and really sweet. I have a flowmaster y pipe on it that goes to 3" (only for about a foot then a reducer to 2.5") and then I have what was left of the flowmaster exhaust on. I do not like. no likey... open for suggestions - at first I just wanted to get new mufflers put on the back, but now I am thinking right from the y pipe back, because the pipes from there back aren't in the best condition, and the exhaust is resting on the metal brace right now - :(

That sound is probably the resonance from our v-6 engine and not the muffler. I would put a Magnaflow or Dynomax res in and it will probably sound good.

well some exhaust guy told me the baffle was rusted loose (and you do hear it more on one side then the other) not to mention the exhaust is not going down at the right angle it should be so I can't put tips on it, and causing more loudness then it should. I just want new exhaust - I was thinking about getting a different back part and I would LIKE supertrapps but they are a bit pricey

My exhuast..

I just had mine done last week. I have the Flowmaster Cat-back setup, and custom front section. I agree that the BUZZ you are hearing is probably the fact that you have no resonator. I used the Dynomax #17228 as my resonator, hi-flow cat, and 2.25" pipes. I am extremely happy with the sound I get and there is absolutley no BUZZZZ!!

Check it out!!

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=25716

Back