Jasper engine???

bg9219

ok recently i had a blown head gasket and had gotten it fixed (at least i thought i did) and 300 miles after it was "fixed" its spewing out oil from the tailpipes bad. So we call a different mechanic and he says he wont even mess around he'll just put a Jasper in and tells us how he only does jasper and so on. Me and my dad think that this might be the best route to put a Jasper in although i dont know much about the quality does any one have complaints, or can anyone give other ideas on what to do. Any suggestions are appreciated.

thanx

s&s

S&S engine in spokane washington, they have them cheap. All the moving parts are brand new (pistons, valves,etc...)and they are reliable. I just put one In my SC and it works great, plus they have a seven year warranty! They come with a 3 angle valve job so thats saves you some work. I got mine in 10 days after ordering. It runs about 1700$ thats way cheaper than jasper. Thats including the core so if you send them back your core you get 300$ back, If your close its worth it but if not just keep it (I didnt send it back, wasnt worth it) But I figured Id just throw that out there, good luck with whatever you do. :cool:

lessonintorque. Can you hook me up with some more information about the engines. What is their number and so on.

i believe the jasper is worth every penny. we run both big and small chevy on methane these engines run 24-7 365 days a year. they turn no great rpm and run steady, a jasper rebuild has been running for 25,000 hours. i can prove this number for i have service reports.

I know a guy who is a former salesrep for Jasper engines. Even though he doesn't work for them anymore he still speaks very highly about Jasper products. He is convinced, and he convinced me that Jasper engines,(and transmissions for that matter) are worth the money.
Aside from producing a top quality product, Jasper has been responsible for finding and fixing manufacturers weaknesses and defects whether it be in an engine or transmission, and then they pass the information on how to fix it, or redesign it, back to the car manufacturers. (Who may or may not tell the general public a problem exists.)

According to this guy, whom I trust, Jasper goes the extra mile to ensure a quality product ships out the door.

Re: Gaskets

lessonintorque said:
Oh I forgot to mention that the head gaskets are already on the engine and all other gaskets come with the engine.

what part of that 1700 was freight?

thanks,

Ok, the engine was around 1300$ and it was Ibelive 265$ shipping. Ill try and dig up my reciept and post the information tommorow. Now I just want you to know that Im not bashing jasper, they were my first choice for my new engine, but I found it cheaper and figured Id spend the 1000 bucks I saved on exaust and mods. Ill get back to you all.

S&S engine remanufacturing, phone # 509-325-4558 Give em a call and see if you interested, the warranty is 7 years 70,000 miles I belive

Gettin' what you pay for?

make sure you are comparing apples to apples and not just paying attention to the price.

Jasper uses graphite head gaskets, and other quality parts. the engine goes through a bath to make sure all the oil gallies are cleaned out. There are a lot of little things that ad up to a big difference. There are engine rebuilders that do not change parts if it spec's out, whereas with Jasper everything is new. Plus this engine in washington, are you guaranteed to get all SC parts in it and not just a regular 3.8? Heads, cam, etc is what I am talking about. Will their warranty replace that engine whether it's your fault or theirs and if it's their's will they pay for the labor. Remember Apples to Apples and not price.

Not gonna argue

Im not here to argue the validaty of your claims nor am I saying that i dont like jasper. They have thousands of satisfied customers every year. And yes, the parts are sc (they are stamped at ford when they are cast "sc") And if they werent they would have already died the way i abuse my engines. Im just trying to trow out an alternative to jasper, thats my.04 cents theres the number check em out at least. And what ever you do let me know how it goes. good luck. :cool:

thanks lessonintorque. I for one appreciate the alternative help. How long have you had your engine from them?

Promar Engines

I went to Promar Engines in NJ for my engine rebuild. They were very knowledgable about the supercoupe engines, at the time they were rebuilding two of them in addition to mine. They understood the head gasket weakness and addressed it. Also they included a complete gasket kit with everything you could possibly need to put the engine back in. They were recommened to me by a good friend who owns a service shop as they are the people that they did business with. Also, they do a great job of cleaning the engine up, and give you countless instructions on how to reinstall the engine. For someone who has never done an engine swap they were a great place to work with. Also, everything that was original stayed original, except the rotating parts which came in a box with the engine. The total cost was close to 1700 when all said and done. Also they bored it out .030 so now my 3.8 is something like a 4.0.

30 day warranty doesn't compare to either of the suggestions so far. But it is an alternative for some.

Ive had it 3 months and already put 3000 miles on it, plus as soon as it passed break in it went straight to the track, and has seen plenty of hours there all ready. I know that some may say "well you havent had it long enough to tell" But save your breath. It is solid. Ive had 4 straight track cars and every daily driver Ive ever owned has seen track time. This is a good engine. But if it blows up it will be my fault not S&S, And besides at that price Ill just buy another one :p And the other thing is if it dies I wont need the warranty, I live for the garage so its cool. Any one that has owned and raced rotary engines as long as I have knows engine problems, and I aint skeered. Like I said before good luck!!:cool:

Back