tire question!

i have 18/8's

I have 18/8s, and the local tire seller guy let me try a bunch of old ires on the rims to see what fit best, but i ended up liking 245's best, teh seemed to fit very nicely-and were easier to get on-armed with this info i ordered my fk 451 falkens-245/35/zr18. hope this helps-also, and 8" rim isnt meant to have any wider than a 245-otheres do it neway.

Hey Man

Hey Man,
Just a quick question for you Charkley.
Why in the world would you want a tire that measures 24.75" +/- a few .10ths?
I am just curious because I have a 2" drop and am running 245/45 18's which measure 26.68" and could still use just a hair less fender gap.
Laterz,
D Rainer

Wheel01.gif

Last edited:
response

First off-sweet wheels. Second, I'm not sure why i went with the 35 series, other than the fact that i wanted the lowest tire i could go with without looking ridiculous, and as little sidewall flex as possible for cornering. The fender gap is a little larger than yours, but not what i would call ugly by any means, so i chose to live with it-also, with the stock wheels on my car after being lowered i noticed i could push down on the front hard enough to make the tires hit the fenders, so i went smaller. Ill send you pics of the wheels on the car when it comes back from the paint shop, but for now heres a pic of the wheels and tires off the car-hope everyone likes them as much as i do-if not, oh well-i have to look at them, not you-lol.

click on this and youll see:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=23716

Back