What to do for a PCV baffle w/ Roller Rockers????

MarineMustanger

My engine is sucking serious amounts of oil thru the PCV because I had to take the baffle out of the valve cover because it interfered with the RRs. I rigged a bottle in the PCV hose to catch most of the oil, so it's not sucked into the intake, but this is only a temp fix. One guy said to use an aluminum soda can (cut it up obviously) as the baffle and spot weld it in. IF the rocker did hit it, it would flex and not cause any damage.

Anyone dealt with this problem? Those w/ RRs must have some help!

Thanks.

What kind of RR are you using, and what type of valve cover do you have? I have the cast (magnesium?) valve cover and Harland Sharp 1.8's, and they cleared fine. Hopefully they will still clear with the slightly longer valves I've put in. I haven't put the valve covers back on yet to see.

BBK is now making aluminum valve covers for our engine, they might have more clearance. I don't think anyone has tested to see if they fit under the blower tubes and intake.

Sometimes you can use a thicker gasket to overcome this problem, but the Felpro gasket is already pretty thick, don't know if anything better is available.

They are Scorpion 1.73 RRs, and I still have the original valve covers (Why upgrade?....you can't see them anyway).

I think I will try to fab something in there.

Back