throttle body from 91 and up bigger???

ratedpg89

i have a 90 sc and was thinking that i read some where that the throttle body was larger from the factory on post 91 cars? would the throttle body on a 95 4.6 v8 bird fit my sc and what size is my throttle body and what size is the 4.6 , i was thinking 60 and 70

I ordered a bigger TB (BBK 75mm) and when it comes in I will see you my stock 95 TB. I don't know if the 4.6L will work or not but wouldn't be surprised if it did. On an SC the aftermarket ones are 70mm + so I would assume stock is 65mm or so on the newer SC's. Do a search on this site and you will find out for sure. Let me know if your interested in mine.

Julian

The closest throttle body out there is the 94-95 Mustang throttle body. You just have to change the linkage to suit. As far as a 4.6L TB I am pretty sure that they are not equiped with IAC provisions, not to say it can't be done. All SC's have the same size TB there are very few differences.

Jeff

Originally posted by J57ltr
The closest throttle body out there is the 94-95 Mustang throttle body. You just have to change the linkage to suit. As far as a 4.6L TB I am pretty sure that they are not equiped with IAC provisions, not to say it can't be done. All SC's have the same size TB there are very few differences.

Jeff
Yep, '89-95 are all 60mm.

ratedpg89 - You might want to consider J57ltr's suggestion on the Mustang TB. Also, be ready to port your plenum to accomodate the larger butterfly of whichever TB you choose. The pic below shows a comparison shot of the bores of 60, 70, and 75mm TB's.

Here's a link to some info that might help...
link > Vernon's TB swap

good luck,

'bird

verno0026.jpg

If I remember correctly...

I KNOW my stock TB was 55mm, it was '92 when it was changed to 70mm.

Lee

Last edited:
Then you KNOW wrong. I have measured almost every throttle body that came on a SC and they are all 60mm.

89' 60mm
91' 60mm
93' 60mm
95' 60mm

I have seen several different markings on them. 60MM/ 50MN/ SC/ and blank. As a matter of fact that is a 95' Throttle body in the comparison shot (I am assuming that it was removed from Vernons 95' inlet when he changed to the 75mm also seen in the picture.

You must be thinking of the MAF.

Jeff

What can I say, I have a brand-new-in-the-Ford-box '93 TB, measures 58.5-59mm in the bore.

'bird

rivlee,

55mm to 70mm sounds like the MAF change.

confusing isn't it?
you would think ford would change the TB along with it wouldn't you, or I did any way.

Julian

Yep, just read that link you posted. Read the title again, TB and MAF. It just talks about the MAF first so it is confusing.
Take care,
Julian

I wish my 75mm would come in so I could go FASTER. Or maybe some downtubes :rolleyes: sorry, couldn't resist Wynn.

Last edited:
Originally posted by T-bird4vr
I wish my 75mm would come in so I could go FASTER. Or maybe some downtubes :rolleyes: sorry, couldn't resist Wynn.
Sure wish I could park my '94 long enuff to pull that passengerside pipe and build a master because I'd be more than happy to fix you up!

:)

'bird

Back