Oh no.....

S

SCrazy

Two days without a post in our area. I really have nothing to say but I couldn't let this go on.

temps in the 60s tomorrow you know I'll be in the garage.

Well, Hmmmmmmm, let me add to this......

1 month, the SC will be re-incarnated! Parts are finally coming in!

SKIP

I've got a cheezy one with the blinking lights but it does the job.

I just recently bought an EEC tuner board (not yet installed) it's to bad we can't get real time diagnostics/feedback from that puppy.

I haven't gotten a code reader! I have thought about it, I just forget to look for one when I go out. I also have an EEC Tuner installed, but I haven't mounted it back into position.

SKIP

Tuner?

OK...this might sound stupid, but could someone please explain exactly what the "tuner" does? I have a basic idea, but is it only really good if you have done a few engine mods, like if you change injectors, and the MAF sample tube? Also, does it hook up to a home PC? I ask because I use a Mac computer, so if it does, I probably can't use it. I read about it on the MN-12 site, and I guess Dr Fred is the man for tuning it. Is it worth it if you don't have many mods yet?

Thanks,
-Jeff

Re: Tuner?

Yeah, Jeff, Fred is the guy to see right now on getting the tuner programmed. The tuner is a small computer that piggybacks on the OEM EEC computer. It plugs into the test port on the computer and allows you to adjust the computer functions. Timing,speed limiters, allows MAF calibration, what temp. your fans come on at etc, etc, etc. Pretty cool stuff, but mainly for a slightly to highly modified vehicle. If someone had the money and knew they were gonna mod their car in the future I would recommend one just to get it installed and over with. But if someone were keeping a fairly stock vehicle I wouldn't bother. You can spend your money on a lot of other stuff.

SKIP

Back