HP upgrades

ok...

what do the od and ud pulleys do? I've heard of them but i've also heard of problems w/ the intercooler heating up and all that. Intercoolers come stock on our cars right? I'm just starting into this so bare w/ me. Would a double intercooler help? And What pulleys do i get? 10%?5% Overdrive or underdrive? Or can i get them both? Now, my dads Triumph TR6 has a 4-speed w/ an OD switch on the left of the steering wheel, he has to flick it on and off... in gears either 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Do these pulley work on there own or do they have a switch like that also?

Overdrive is for the supercharger. Underdrives are for the other accessories. Alternator, waterpump, and crank pullies come in the underdrive set.

Well, as long as the exhaust has been done then you are safe with OD pulley, overdrives blower so it will produce higher boost and force more air in. I would just go with a 10% and get all the power you can. The underdrive pulleys reduce parasitic loss to accessories, they have been said to give .1 - .15 in quarter mile alone. The IC is a big expense and there should be other things done before you get into the big buck items. You can also remove the air silencer for free, good for 5 hp or so, it is in passenger side fender well under air filter box. Then you can look into TB to let more air in. Everything that I listed can be easily done yourself too.

Aaron, look at my sayings at the bottom of my signature and then look over that site

Thanks for all the tips guys, i went to remove my air silencer one day and couldn't find it... i just figured the guy who had it before me removed it. The Underdrive pulleys and overdrive pulleys i'm gonna start looking into. Any make or model i should look for? This is my future mods list as of now:

-Cold Air Intake
-10% OD Pulley
-Underdrive Pulley
-High Flow Cats
-K&N Air Filter (Cone)
-Larger Throttle Body (What size should i move to?)

Ok, what should i do first in the above list? What would that cost to be all thrown in at once? (APPROX) And what size throttle body should i get?I was thinking port and polished manifolds/exhaust/heads but that is probably pretty costly and i could probably do more before i go to that... right?

As far as cold air, some are better than others. I have heard the MAC system tends to mess up the MAF readings due to the sensor being very close to a sharp bend in the intake. The ZR part is supposed to be very good.

Throttle Body

Ok, so...
-what is a 85mm Throttle body gonna cost me?
-what is a ZR Cold Air Intake gonna cost me?
Approx. I just wanna know everything rite away!:D I'm taking my car to be lowered and have the stock wheels chromed and I'll ask them then, so don't reseearch it if u can't tell me off the top of your head.
-CJ
PS: I'd research prices myself but i have to go now!

Back