What Is This , Need Help .

Ballman

My 90 5 speed , is in super shape , now at times the car as Im driving normal will put out a jolt and the tach drops , seems as if I lost all power , but then then it all comes back in a split second . What is this, any ideas . Thanks for any input . My guess is the crank shaft sensor . What a job that will be . Has a new cam sensor . changed the DIS with another DIS from my other SC , same thing . No change . DW

SC

Yup , I already bought one a while back , just hoping it was not it . Any idea on a time frame of doing the job . Im a somewhat pro on the fixing of things . SC is one of them . LOVE my SC , thats why I have 4 of them . And have the SALEEN for sale . DW

On a rack or just jacked up? Saw one changed by Dave Dalke on the side of the road in about 90 minutes following the first MN12 Nationals year before last. That did not include replacement of the plastic shroud though. Was done without pulling the harmonic damper BTW which is the way I recommend you do it. Her is a link on how to pull that trick off.

http://pub29.ezboard.com/fthunderbirdscenthusiastclubfrm13.showMessage?topicID=88.topic

Thank Dave Dalke...until I saw it I thought the damper HAD to be pulled to accomplish the job.

SC , time to get to work .

Thanks Duffy , Got a vacation coming up , so that is one of my jobs I will be doing . Good deal on the short cut, saves alot of time and work, is there a gap , witch Im sure there is , but a gap to measure, or is it just tighten down the sensor untill its tight and your done . Thanks again . 90SC340HP5-speed

There is a "special" Ford tool used that is a piece of that magnetic flexible "stuff" they make refrigarator magnets out of. I have one and would not recommend getting it. Many people have used a cover from a pack of matches wheich gets you about the required .030" gap.

The Gap

Thanks Duffy , I thought there would be some type of spec. on the gap . Hope thats the only thing this year i do on this car . Parts are cheap, my labor is not . Any other thing I should know , drop me a E at Ballman32@aol.com Thanks, DW

Back