Junk Yard Upgrades

plev72

Gee... I'm so excited by my SC vs GN thread (with the 8 million responses) that I thought I'd try something else...

What have you folks found to be the best "junk yard" upgrades around, and what vehicles do you take them off of?

Here is the stuff I've got:

From Late Model SCs to Early Model SCs:
Throttle Body, MAF, Injectors (??), 145 MPH Speedo, SC&Plenum (together)

From Early Model SCs to late Model SCs (particularly '89 & '90)
Front and Rear Sway Bars, SC Pulley

From Expedition/F150/Lightening:
MAF, Injectors (??)

What other kinds of things are out there that we want to look for? Is it any easy (and worthwhile) conversion to go from the late style washer reservoir in front of the IC to the early style reservoir?

What model mustangs can spindles/brakes be swiped off of?

Last edited:
Late to early
1. Labor intensive but maybe brakes?
2. It's not like you'd find one, but how about a late close-ratio?

Early to late
1. How about an early 3.27 pumpkin? I know there would be issues w/traction control but...
2. Early radiator!

'bird

What vehicles can I get the MAF and injetors form without having to reprogram the computer?

Can I use the later 92+ SC (bigger) MAF without chaning injectors?

Can i swap Throtle bodies with any other stock vehicles?

I can't afford too much on my SC , but i am getting the exhaust done 2.5" to magnoflow to 3" pipe to the stock split, and stock form there.

I am thinking of the 10% pulley and running a little nitrous when i can get a good deal on ebay, but I'm also curious what other little mods can be done with something better from a different car or even another SC.

From Taurus/Sable to SC:
CUPHOLDERS!!! :D
plev72 said:
Gee... I'm so excited by my SC vs GN thread (with the 8 million responses) that I thought I'd try something else...

What have you folks found to be the best "junk yard" upgrades around, and what vehicles do you take them off of?

Here is the stuff I've got:

From Late Model SCs to Early Model SCs:
Throttle Body, MAF, Injectors (??), 145 MPH Speedo, SC&Plenum (together)

From Early Model SCs to late Model SCs (particularly '89 & '90)
Front and Rear Sway Bars, SC Pulley

From Expedition/F150/Lightening:
MAF, Injectors (??)

What other kinds of things are out there that we want to look for? Is it any easy (and worthwhile) conversion to go from the late style washer reservoir in front of the IC to the early style reservoir?

What model mustangs can spindles/brakes be swiped off of?

they go in the space below your A/C controls. you can usually find them on ebay if you search thunderbird SC. yes, some will have the factory CD player there.

can someone clarify the difference between MAFs between SC years, and possibly other cars. Woudl there be any recalibratin necessary for the different MAFs?

Thanks!

trife86 said:
what kind of gain may i expect gettin a late style TB and putting it in my 89

I just did this...

I noticed slightly more boost.

Mine got what showed as about 11 lbs before, and maye 11.5 or 12 after...

I did seem to notice a difference, but that could have been the temp.

I put mine back on and then it felt a little slower, but it could all be in my head, cept for the boost guage reading a little higher.

Anyone got any other ideas?

2003 to 04 mustang cobra motor & trans & IRS rearend.
Brakes, front and rear.

Lincoln Mach VIII aluminum lower rear control arms,Aluminum
IRS rearend.Brakes

Randy

Back