PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger bolt

thumper
06-21-2003, 05:35 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering where I could get a new supercharger bolt, you know, the big one underneath the supercharger snout and spark plug cables. Does anyone know a part number?

Also, does anyone know the best method for removing a broken bolt from a threaded whole? Sorta busted this one, my bad.. I know, I'm a dumby...

thanks!

gldiii
06-21-2003, 05:54 PM
The fill plug was still available from Ford when I got one. Ford part number is: XL3Z-6A828-AA.

Magnum Powers, Blue Tongue Motorsports and Magnuson Products might sell them as well.

A screw extractor like is used to remove a busted off bolt should fit down in the old allen head hole and get a grip to take it out. Just be careful not to break the extractor off in the plug! A left handed drill bit and reversible drill could also do the trick, just don't drill all the way through the plug and get metal shavings into the sc case.

thumper
06-21-2003, 07:06 PM
That's what I had heard for extracting the bolt. I think I might try the left handed drill bit.

It's not the fill plug I need though. Sorry, I wasn't very specific. I was referring to the bolt on the front of the SC that holds it down to the intake manifold.. I guess it's the intake manifold. Anyway... it's a pretty long one.. maybe a 12 mil. It has a long flat section then just an inch or two of threads at the bottom. Do you know where I can get one of those?

Thanks for the quick response.

Slysc
06-21-2003, 10:31 PM
I lost mine and had a hard time finding a new one.

They're a 12.5mm so no one has them unless you could get it through the dealership.

I found mine at a Junkyard.

pro street rich
06-22-2003, 12:12 AM
Ring me up and I will help you [email protected] Rich