AOD Torque Converter question

edspringer

I want to get a higher (I prefer B&M) stall speed TC but am looking for advice on what stall speed to get and other SC guys experiences with aftermarket TCs. My 94 SC Auto info is below. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Ed Springer

90 Black XR7 5-speed: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, Upgraded '94 Supercharger, 5% SC Pulley, Raised SC Top, I/C Fan, Underdrive Pulleys, Headers, Magnaflow Muffler (no cats) with stock resonators, 3:27 Gears, Ripper Shifter, 73 CL MAF, Magnacore Wires.

94 Red SC Auto: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, Stock 90 SC Pulley, Raised SC Top, I/C Fan, Underdrive Pulleys, Headers, Raven Muffler (no cats) with stock resonators, 3:73 Gears, 73 CL MAF, Magnacore Wires, TRANSGO Shift Kit, Haydon Auxiliary Transmission Cooler.

First, don't get a B&M, they're junk unless you spend big bucks on custom stuff. The stall speed will be all off with them too, we make gobs of torque that will make the stall much higher than advertised. I would look at http://www.protorque.com/ . They are reasonable and make good convertors. Depending on your purpsoe I would look at either a 2200 stall or upwards of 2500 stall. If you don't go to the track much and aren't looking for max power then go with the 2200, if you want good lauches and have tires for it go with the 2500. I have a 3000 stall in mine but I have a real big cam that doesn't like working until it gets to 3000. Good thing for you, a TQ can give you as much as .25 in the quarter if done right.

Aaron.......thanks for the info. I'm looking for primarily street performance vice track performance. PROTORQUE appears to be the people I'm looking for with applications for my SC and diesel Suburban.

Ed Springer

90 Black XR7 5-speed: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, Upgraded '94 Supercharger, 5% SC Pulley, Raised SC Top, I/C Fan, Underdrive Pulleys, Headers, Magnaflow Muffler (no cats) with stock resoantors, 3:27 Gears, Ripper Shifter, 73 CL MAF, Magnacore Wires.

94 Red SC Auto: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, Stock 90 SC Pulley, Raised SC Top, I/C Fan, Underdrive Pulleys, Headers, Raven Muffler (no cats) with stock resoantors, 3:73 Gears, 73 CL MAF, Magnacore Wires, TRANSGO Shift Kit, Haydon Auxiliary Transmission Cooler.

Back