aluminum radiator

carlitoman

Anyone know where I can get an aluminum radiator for cheap? Looking to spend around $300. Or am I just dreaming? Thanks

Or am I just dreaming?

Yes your dreaming. The only aluminum radiator I'm aware of for the SC is made by Griffin. It sells for close to $800.

The TBSCEC has be trying for over a year to get another manufacture to make one, but they can't seem to find a suitable core.

David

If a person was going to use a MP FMIC,or similar FMIC.
why would you have to use a SC type radiator.

Why can you not use a larger aluminum radiator.

I see aluminum radiators advertised for $180.00 up

I don't see why a person would want a aluminum stock type SC
radiator unless you were building the sc for a antique.And if you
used a aluminum radiator it wouldn't be stock anyway.

It seems to me, if a person would want to up grade the cooling system.
You could buy a larger aluminum radiator for a fraction of the price that some
of these SC parts dealer would want.For what money that could be save
it could go toward a upgrade in the intercooler system.

It is like if a SC vendor dosen't sell or make it.It's taboo to use.

SCers remind me a lot of HARLEY people,they want it to be better,faster,last longer,
but your not aloud to change anything.

You could buy a radiator from a company such as AFCO for starting at $179.00,up,
for a 19''x22''x3'' 19''x24''x3'',19''x26''x3'',19''x28''x3'',19x31''x3''.16''x27.5x3''.ect
plus more sizes they have.and have brackets welded on at the radiator shop,or
welding shop.

Then get a intercooler from a small deisel application to put in front of the radiator
and the air-condensor.You may need to notch out part of the frame in front of the SC
with a hole saw,if you go a little wide with the radiator. For a IC .And maybe not.

If you want a stock size SC radiator that is better or new.You can go to your radiator shop
and have them build you a three row radiator.And after you get it in. Put a peice of aluminum
or stainless steel thats polished or chrome around or on top of it.If you just wanted the aluminum radiator for bling.
Just dressup the outside of a three row radiator.Then it will cool more and be cool looking.

RANDY

Your not dreaming if you look outside of the box!!

Last edited:
Thank to both of you. I was looking for something to just swap in for the existing radiator. JEGS has one for 466 and Summit has one for 559.
If I can get a shop to tack one in for relativly cheap it makes sense to go with Randy's suggestion. I was just worried about getting somethingt fit in the oh so spacious engine bay ;). Ebay has a few that might work for 249 with shipping.
I'll let eveyone know the outcome. Thanks all for the suggestions.

Back