Cervinis Hood

kenewagner

I got my new Cervinis hood Friday. My question is on the hood are the scoups left open or is there anyway to put a screen or filter on the inside to keep out the rain, bugs and what not. Is everyone with one of these hoods running them open. Also is there a diffrence in noise without the sound deading blanket under the orignal hood.

hi
i did not use a screen on mine but because the cervini hood is basically a 70-73 mach 1 hood morphed onto a t-bird hood, when i had my hood painted i had the mach 1 diecast inserts installed into the recesses. It really helped finish off the hood.

Attachments

• cerv1.jpg
    cerv1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 462
Lookd great. Where I get them and how are they held in place. Does your engine catch debre coming through the scoups??:)

the inserts are obsolete from ford. i used to be an old mustanger before i switched to scs. i got them from a guy i knew thru mustangs. they run about a 100.00 a pair. i do see them on occasion at the local auto part swap meets.
the body shop had to do some fiberglass work underneath the hood to mount them and then i used acorn nuts that were used to attach trim panels on 70 LTDs to attach to hood.
this was the first time the body shop saw a cervinis hood and they said it was the finest fiber glass they had ever seen.

I bought mine in December 01 and it came with the screens. They were in from when it was first put on until a few months ago when I decided to take them out and see what I thought. I kinda like it without.

With them off, I haven't found anything interesting under the hood. Not sure what you'd get through there. And no, I didn't really notice a sound difference without the underhood blanket.

-Andy "Melon"

Mounting Cervani Hood

When installing a Cervani hood, are the hood pistons removed? There is no mount for them and I believe they will damage the hood if installed.

I was told that some people "drill" out the hood pistons so there is not much pressure in them. Does this work?

I'm hoping to get my hood on soon. I think they look great and add alot to the looks of the SC.

Thanks,
Mark
'93 SC

my hood had the mounting hardware for the air cylinders and i use them with no modifications and no problems. beats using a stick to hold the hood up.

Got mine 5 yrs ago.

Came without grills back then, but the hood struts mount right up without any problems.

Lee

Re: Mounting Cervani Hood

MSG419 said:
When installing a Cervani hood, are the hood pistons removed? There is no mount for them and I believe they will damage the hood if installed.

cervinis makes two types of this hood one is a lift off. this sounds like what you have. the other is a bolt on.

on mine the only mods i had to do was drill the mounting holes to a slightly bigger diameter, grind the hinges slightly and then file the underside of the hood slightly at the hinges. this is far less then with other hoods ive dealt with.

tbird91sc: would the mustang scoops fit in if i where to cut off the studs and use a adhesive. that way not modifying the hood.

i wish it would have been that easy. they had to do a reasonable amount of modification to the hood to get them to fit from the top. the molding of the fiberglass is not as crisp as a steel hood stamping so they had to tweak the fiberglass to get them to sit flush. it was their idea to the modification to the underside so i could mount them cleanly. once you make the decision to put them in - you are not going back
jim

thank you for the info. they wont be going on. i just finished painting the car and dont want to chance screwing it up

Back