S-model charger upgrade, do I need anything else?

scbird

I have recently purchased s 94-95 s model supercharger. I am installing this on a fully rebuilt engine in a 90 supercoupe. My question is do I need to upgrade the fuel pump and injectors or can I get away with the stock pump and the #30 injectors till I get the $$ to upgrade. By the way I am getting the inlet tube with the charger.

Thanks in advance

scbird

You're going to love it. It is the single best upgrade I ever did to my car. Fuel should be upgraded soon if you have a lot of other mods.

I have ported and polised head, intake, and exhaust. I 70 mm throttle body with removed air silencer. Inter cooler fan. opened up exhaust(no cats and resonator).

DOes this help??

SC bird

I wouldn't. That is too much for 30# injectors. You should get some 38's unless you plan to get crazy with the mods and then you should get 42's or 50's.

Wouldn't some used 36#ers out of a later model work with the mods you have? Might get you by till you need to step up to 42s. Is your fuel pump stock? You need a 190lph or better I would think

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24854&highlight=fuel+pump

This thread has a source for a 255lph pump for under $100 shipped.

I noticed a set of 36# injectors a member is selling on Ebay for $125 with shipping. When or if you go to larger injectors you just sell these for the same price you paid. ( at least you hope to.)

While doing a new motor you could cover you fuel system for another $225 which is really cheap compared to what happens when you run a SC lean.....

Thanks guys, I'll stick with the #30 injector till I get the cash.

I going over to the garage now to start tinkering, can't wait to take the bird out tonight.

SCbird

XR7 Dave said:
I wouldn't. That is too much for 30# injectors. You should get some 38's unless you plan to get crazy with the mods and then you should get 42's or 50's.

Just in case Dave has the "invisible mode" on and noone can hear him.

Jeff

Back