clear up this delima

ZOOMBUGGY3

me and my friend with a 93 sc says his throttle body looks bigger then the one on my 89 sc.are their diffrent sizes on the newer yer sc's.

another question? i was just doing a search on intakes and i read a post the said.
get a 80mm maf sensor from a mark VIII from ur local junk yard.
now am i sapossed to use my electronics on the 80mm or use the one that is on it? would i have to do any mods or is it just a drop in add-on?

Not sure about the quote from Tbird88. But yes, the newer birds had a 70mm MAF opening and the older ones had a 55mm opening.

Originally posted by ZOOMBUGGY3
i got the quote from a post the tbird88 wrote.
Hmm, I don't spell UR like that...I spell it either YOUR or YER as in "check yer info".

Anyhooz...all years of SC throttle bodies are the same size, they are 60mm. I used my original '89 sensor in an 80mm and did ok but it could've been an isolated case.

(Mike8675309 - fix yer glasses, TB's not MAF's)

'bird

The MAF is just not the best sensor to screw around with and cut corners, unless maybe you want an engine with a lousy idle and incorrect A/F ratios. Don't be "penny wise and pound foolish" - if you want a better MAF just get a Pro-M or C&L. It's under $200 new, or even less used.

Back