Cam Experts, I need your recommendations

DMX

I am working with the regular 3.8, but I have adapted the 89-93 M90 to fit.

I am leaning towards a max of 12ish PSI.

I have stock heads and intakes with some light porting and polishing done to them, i'm also waiting on a forged SC crank to come in so I can drop it in later this summer.

Over at V6P the recommendation was towards a cam something like 205/215 with 112LCA and about .510 valve lift. I'm having trouble finding a source for such a cam.

I just wanted to know what you guys recommended and where you purchased yours.

I could do without the somewhat annoying lopey idle, so I stuck with the 112LCA, but if absolutely necessary I can make a sacrifice.

Thanks in advance,
DMX

ps : who is this steigmier(sp?) I keep reading about?

You are going to have to get a regrind, meaning that you will have to send in a cam. They will regrind it and tell you what length pushrods you will need.

You want to keep a wide lobe seperation angle so as not to bleed off cylinder pressure.

The cam recomended by your friends should fit the bill without too much lope at idle.

Jeff

I'm not but my friend Vernon has a cam with 215/224 @ .050 and .566" lift. He also is running a 5speed.

There is no hiding that cam, in fact. Vernon was having some welding done on his car at another friends house. When he pulled up one of the guys standing around said" Someone just pulled up on a Harley" To which another guy said "Harley's don't have doors" (thunk!).

The car pulls hard well though 5K, I was at 5500 b4 I noticed it and it was still pulling hard. My 89's on the other hand you can feel the power drop off as you reach 5K.

Jeff

Back