ADVICE PLEASE i think my blower is worn out!!!???

SCobsessed

allright so i have been trying to figure out why my car is down on power and leaking a little boost or so i thought. I decided to check the oil level in the supercharger today as it has been a few months since i have checked it.....and it was way down, I think its burning up some oil as there appears to be some black deposit in there and the stuff inside smells absoloutly putrid. A local ford mechanic said it would whine if something was wrong: and yes it is making a pretty loud whining noise that i am assuming is nither normal or good....
--oh and the car has about 180 000 kilometers on it if that helps indicate andthing

so my question's for anyone who has some knowlage about this is...
----does it sound like my blower is going kaput?...im thinking it is
----would or could this cause the low boost and vacume readings i have had?...its been reading a vacume of 18 and hitting a max of 10 under boost at redline.
----can i still drive it for a whle?...cause i can't afford to fix it yet, it isnt my daily driver but it sure relieves the stress.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as virtually noone else knows anything about supercoupes.

thankyou
Keith

My nose seal leaks on my 89 and the fluid level got too low and I too had a whirring noise. I suctioned out the old fluid and replaced it with the GM fluid 12345982 is the part number if memory serves and it is quieter now...but I still need to replace the unit with the spare new one I have. So..point being replace the fluid and don't worry about it. Boost and vac. levels seem about normal for the age and miles on the SC. The smell of the fluid is bascially the name of the game so don't sweat that either.

how do i drain out the fluid

i have a couple bottles of the gm stuff allready...is there any way to drain out the old fluid, other than sucking it out through the filler hole?.....and the car read a vac of 20 and boosted over 10 when i got it last october, so im a little nervous. I have put about 800 miles on it since i have gotten it methinks.

thank's :)

Oh and does anybody know how much a new blower would ding me....can the old one be rebuilt? I would like an s type while im at it but thats like 2100 canadian...

Operative observation.....when I got the car last October....when I would think temps were much cooler. Welcome to life in the summer and slightly slower lane Guy!!!

Nope...sucking the fluiid out is the only alternative. No drain plug.

Remanned unit from Magnuson Products is $1150 USD last time I checked.

Back