Sept - Oct meet???

kamakazie_1

Ok folks new thread!!!

What do we want to do for another meet?? Somewhere in Florida other than Orlando... Or Ocala since we want to go there in Feb for the Fun Ford Weekend in mass numbers!!

I know some are meeting at the track, I'll probably go to that cause it's close. But all of us getting together I think is a really special part of this relationship that we've started here..

Suggestion and comments??

RJ

Tampa or Daytona for Oktoberfest :D Or you can come visit me in Melbourne when I'm at school. Gainesville has a track. Palm Beach is kind of far off from a lot of people here.

Hey Rich,

Anywhere in Central Florida is OK with me. Getting together at Bithlo on a Friday night would be fun, although my racing days are long gone. I'd be a great cheerleader for the group, though!
I'd really go for a Sunday afternoon cookout/shine'em up/softball game kind of thing at a park similar to the last one.

I guess you know that Dan is out of town for a couple of weeks, but I'm sure he'd be up for any kind of a meet that rears its head.

Regards,
Bob P.

Orlando speedworld is a 1/4 mile track. Thats great for meets, we had one there a couple years ago. I don't know what happened at the latest meet as I didn't make it. I too am in melbourne and long drives are difficult for time and for money wise, so central FL would be best. I am originally from west palm and morroso 1/4 mile track is nice there too, but it seems there are not many of you all located near there.
keep me up to date on this, I'd love to make a meet soon, its been quite a while.
-John

I'm in Melbourne as some of you may know. So morroso or orlando speed world either would work out fine for a track meet, which I'd love to get to do sometime soon.
Just keep me up to date on the plans if anyone decides on a date or anything.
-John

Powerfest at morroso is always a good place to meet. We have had a good turnout there in the past. Usualy its my family's 3 or 4 SC's and a few others that come in. It would definetly make a good meet.
-John

John Machen said:
Powerfest at morroso is always a good place to meet. We have had a good turnout there in the past. Usualy its my family's 3 or 4 SC's and a few others that come in. It would definetly make a good meet.
-John

Hey John, did your parents end up moving up north or something?? Can you get the rest of the info particulars and post them here for Moroso?? JJ can get them posted on our website too...

RJ

powerfest

most all info can be found on their website.
http://morosomotorsportspark.com/

here is what it says
Ford Power Festival
October 25-26,2003

This annual event features an extravaganza that includes Jet Funny Cars, two heads-up Ford ONLY racing classes and two Ford ONLY bracket classes, Quick 16, Car & Truck Show, Manufacturers Marketplace, and a Swap Meet. Over 18,000 attendees

I'm sure they got a number on the site somewhere we can call for track conditions on the day before or whatever to check on weather. The car show still goes on if it rains, just the races stop.

My parents are nearly completely moved to VA, so there would probably be a few less cars at the show due to that. I am still up for the drive down to the show, its been fun in the past.
-John

Hey guys....

Sorry been away for a while...been moving.
Whenever we have a meet I'll need atleast 3 weeks notice so I can request time off.
I'm willing to meet pretty much anywhere as long as its reasonable

I'm working up the info with one of the ladies at Moroso park and will have a link to the flyer for the event next week to post. When I get the rest of the info I'll start a new thread and have Blkthndr Make it sticky at the top of this forum.

RJ

Back