MAF Broke! Questions on new one...

BlackSC

Alright, the front sensor wire in the MAF sensor is broken off. Napa wants over a hundred for it because I apparently have to buy the casting along with the sensor (why did Ford screw the sensor into the casting if it only sells them in one piece anyways???)

Anyhow, if I have to replace this, should I waste the money on a new stock one, or could I go ahead and get a larger one? I have a COMPLETELY stock 93 sc with 75k miles. Upgrades down the road would start with a larger exhaust but this is a year away. A larger MAF would then follow, so if it is not a problem to just install it now, I would rather just buy it once, instead of buying a new stock one and then upgrading it later. Would I have to change anything else with the larger MAF?

Sorry for the probably stupid questions - I searched on MAF and learned very little about what is involved in upgrading them. Apparently everybody else already knows what I am so very ignorant about! Thanks.

Buy just a stock sensor used. Unless your ready to put in a chip, a MAF upgrade wouldn't be good (require a chip or tune, C&L are crap)

MAF suggestion

You might want to consider the Pro-M 75mm Maf calibrated for the stock - 30# injectors. It flows more air then the stock MAF and it comes with the MAF electronics/wire. Below is the Web site and price for the MAF
I would also recommend you put in a K&N panel filter and get rid of the air silencer that sits below the filter.
This setup will probably give you an extra 10hp and you'll be set for future upgrades.

http://www.pro-flow.com/

T'Bird Super Coupe 75mm 88-94 stk, con 3.8L - $222

Back