ARC question...

sizemoremk

Some of this is in another thread about tires, but I wanted to keep the subj separate...

My shocks seem OK, although I occasionally get 3 blinks indicating the passenger side front shock is messed up... I take off the arc actuator and the light went away, put it back on, and get it back... spray some liquid wrench in the litte shaft and it worked again... every now and then I get a few blinks out of it... but not often

As far as the bounce, I can get it to boucing and let go, and it may get half a bounce before it stops movement. The front maybe gets 3/4 of a bounce after I let go.... A couple fo tire shops say they are good also...

So I think they are good as far as that goes.

I was wondering if the ARC actuators spin the little shaft in the shock all the way in one direction util it hits a mechanical stop, or if they could be misaligned or something.

I mean if you were to take off the actuator and hit the ride mode switch; it spins and the shock shaft doesn't; if you don't put it back to the original position when you put it back on, it will not be in proper alignment or whatever.

Is there a way to readjust them manually so that they are in he correct postion and then reattach the actuators?

I would hope that they go all the way in one directin and hit a stop of some kind and do the same in the other direction....

I want to spray some more liquid wrench in there, and excercise that adjusting shaft to see if I can't get it freed up a little more...

I want to make sue that they aren't causing my ride problems before I go and replace the tires.

Thanks s alot guys!

RE: ARC

I had the same problem.

Sprayed it and the problem went away. Then I was driving a week later and it started again. I figured just do it again. Nope, even after spraying the ride light still blinked 3 times to tell me the RF shock was the problem.

I thought I needed new shocks but the ride still felt right, the shocks never bottomed out, and the car still cornered well, so I was determined to try everything I could before spending a bunch of $$ on new Illumina II's.

I sprayed some WD40 in there, and turned the valve that the ARC motor actuates all the way one direction, and then back again (twice). At first I was concerned as it bled out a little fluid, but I put it all back together and the ARC is still working (this was 6 months ago)...

I don't think valve position is really necessary (but I do NOT know for 100% sure). I just plop the ARC motors back on the shock towers and click the switch on the center console a few times on and off and it seems to align itself.

As far as I know...

You can turn the shaft continuously. I think it will go firm,soft, firm,soft with each click. So just line it up with the actuator and it will allow it to be synchronous with the rest of the system.

Back